1-pot 10-minute Creamy Hummus Pasta with veggies – perfect for a quick dinner or to pack for work for lunch!
Hummus Pasta is an incredibly easy vegan pasta perfect for a weeknight dinner! It’s deliciously creamy, very customizable, and made together in only 10 minutes! There are so many variations out there.
You can add different hummus flavor and veggies of choice.
The method is simple -cook the pasta in boiling water together with the broccoli.
Meanwhile prepare the rest of the ingredients, once the pasta and the broccoli are cooked – mix everything together and DONE!
Why Hummus Pasta?
Why make this you might ask? The answer is simple: it’s EASY and delish. The concept of hummus pasta is so simple, yet so satisfying complex in flavors. I love pasta and we LOVE hummus, and combined? You get a creamy, luscious, tasty pasta dish that comes together in just minutes. I can’t believe it took me this long to think about adding hummus to my pasta!
Apart from the fact that this is the perfect quick lunch or weeknight dinner, I love how affordable hummus pasta is. Whether you’re making your own hummus or using store-bought, it’s very budget-friendly and great for meal prep and long story short – needs a place in your life.
Ingredients in Hummus Pasta
- Hummus – I mean, do I even need to say more? If you’re a hummus lover like me then you’ll already add some to your favorite wraps or on a slice of bread. It adds a deliciously creamy base without any actual cream. In case you’re thinking it – it doesn’t really taste like hummus at all. Just a creamy, garlicky sauce.
- Pasta – I used gluten-free pasta here but you can use any pasta that you have.
- pasta water – this starchy and well-salted water is great for thinning out your sauce and making it smoother and prevents the pasta from sticking.
- spinach (or any of your favorite greens) – you can add way more if you want, but some greens in here add a nice hint of freshness.
- sundried tomatoes (and any other sautéed veggies you want to add here) – I love love love sundried tomato hummus, so that’s what I was going for with this. You could also add in any veggies that your heart desires.
- salt and pepper to taste – you can also add any additional seasonings here! Ppssstt…cajun seasoning on top of your pasta bowl goes a long way!!
If you end up making this recipe, do let me know how you found this 1-pot 10-minute Creamy Hummus Pasta if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me/tag me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
1-pot 10-minute Creamy Hummus Pasta
- 1/2 head of Broccoli cut into florets
- 1 pepper sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach chopped
- 1 cup/240g garlicky hummus or roasted red pepper hummus, I went for that on this occasion, but I have tried both and many other variations, all work well
- 8 ounces/100g of dry pasta of choice I used wholegrain
- squeeze lime juice
- 6 sundried tomatoes thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot of well-salted boiling water, boil your pasta according to package directions together with the broccoli florets.
- Reserve up to 1/2 cup pasta water or more if you think you might need more. When pasta is finished, drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients, adding more hummus or more pasta water until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Taste the pasta and sauce, and add more water if desired, and season with more salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Serve straight away.