This 10-Minute Healthy Seed Quinoa Oatmeal is packed with superfood ingredients to keep you fueled and energized all day long. It’s easy to make, tasty and good for you!
It’s a cozy, warming, soul-nourishing bowl of goodness that is packed with good-for-you ingredients. We’ve got protein, we’ve got fiber, we’ve got healthy fats. And we’ve even got some natural sweetness. This quinoa porridge is better than your standard oatmeal in so many ways and it tastes just as good as it looks!
Why Using Quinoa For Breakfast?
The most common breakfast cereal in the world is definitely oatmeal, but over the last few years, quinoa has been nipping at its heels. And I think the question on a lot of peoples’ minds is: what’s better for you: oats or quinoa?
As we mention in the ingredient section of this post, there are some nutritional differences between oats and quinoa:
- Quinoa has more protein than oats (1 cup cooked: 8g vs. 5g)
- Quinoa and oats have the same amount of fiber (5g)
- Oats have fewer carbohydrates that quinoa (1 cup cooked: 29g vs. 37g)
- Oats have fewer calories than quinoa (1 cup cooked: 170 vs. 220)
- Quinoa and oats have the same amount of fat (4g)
- Quinoa has more trace minerals than oats
So…what’s better?! I’d personally say it’s based on what you’re looking for nutritionally. Is protein a goal? Then choose quinoa. Are calories or carbs your goal? You might want to choose oats. Getting in your vitamins and minerals? Quinoa is the winner.
Essentially: both quinoa AND oats are amazing ingredients – both are great for breakfast – and you can’t go wrong with either!
Do let me know how you found this 10-Minute Healthy Seed Quinoa Oatmeal if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, If you like all the work I have put in and the content in this blog, then you can go even further in showing me your love and support by subscribing to my Patreon account (https://www.patreon.com/vegevega)
Each of the tiers will give you exclusive benefits ( so you will get a good value for your money )
It’s my passion and it’s my life’s purpose to encourage people to join me in this journey of a kind, healthy, and happy life!
I will appreciate deeply any contribution big or small; it will enable me to grow and develop my site, as well as develop exciting new recipes for you guys!
10-Minute Healthy Seed Quinoa Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup/95g uncooked quinoa/quinoa flakes
- 1 cup/90g rolled oats
- 2 cups/460ml almond milk + more as needed
- 2 cups/460ml of water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- Recommended toppings:
- 1 banana sliced
- 1/2 cup/100g fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup/50g nuts
- a drizzle of maple syrup
- Add the quinoa, oats, almond milk, water, and cinnamon into a small pot. Stir together and bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce to low and simmer the porridge until the oats are soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed about 3 minutes.
- Remove the porridge from the heat and stir in the syrup, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and flaxseed meal. If it thickens up too much, add a splash more of almond milk.
- Divide the porridge equally between two bowls and top with the desired toppings. My recommendations are listed above! Enjoy
Remove the porridge from the heat and stir in the syrup, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and flaxseed meal. If it thickens up too much, add a splash more of almond milk. Divide the porridge equally between two bowls and top with the desired toppings. My recommendations are listed above! Enjoy
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023