Sick of buying these oily, nasty jars of curry pastes from the supermarkets – once you make this 10-Minute Oil-Free Curry Paste you will never look back!
Nothing is better than the homemade stuff, not to mention way cheaper too!
You can store it, and use it whenever you need to make the most amazing homemade curry.
Making an amazing homemade curry paste isn’t rocket science at all! You just need to toast some spices, add ginger, garlic and tomato puree, then mix using a pestle and mortar.
There is nothing better than a homemade curry paste. As I mentioned above, every time I buy a jar of curry paste from the shop, they are just oily and disgusting.
Of course, not all of them are like that, but the majority are. This homemade curry paste recipe literally takes 15 minutes tops to make. You can even make the curry paste first, then start the curry and do it all in the same day.
You can use this curry recipes for whatever recipe you like; from curries, to coating veggies with it, and roasting them. It’s super versatile and easy to make.
More Vegan Curry Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this 10-Minute Oil-Free Curry Paste Recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes! ♡
10-Minute Oil-Free Curry Paste
- 2 tablespoons of cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon of stir chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons of turmeric
- 10 cloves of garlic finely grated or minced
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- The juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Heat a dry pan, then add both the cumin and coriander seeds. Toast them mixing them frequently so they don’t burn. Let them cool.
- Using a pestle and a mortar crush the cooled spices with the chili flakes to a coarse powder. Try to break the seeds as much as you can.
- Add the turmeric, garlic, ginger, tomato puree, lemon juice, salt, and sugar. Stir well together and your paste is ready.
- Use straight away, or stir in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for longer.