This 10-Minute Vegan Egg Mayo Sandwich is even easier to make than a traditional egg salad! It takes just 10 minutes to whip up and only 7 ingredients are needed. No fussing about with boiling, cooling, and peeling eggs. A super easy and super tasty lunchtime favorite- veganized. No stinky eggs and cholesterol-free!
The key ingredient in this vegan egg salad sandwich recipe is black salt which is also called kala namak. This is what provides the egg flavor in all of my egg recipes including my vegan scrambled eggs, Vegan Omelete.
Black salt (which is actually pink in color) tastes and smells just like eggs! It’s so very strange and cool. You can buy black salt (kala namak) at Indian grocery stores or you can order black salt on Amazon here.
TO MAKE THIS VEGAN EGG MAYO SANDWICH:
Dice the tofu. Add all the rest of the ingredients shown below in a bowl, and mix. THAT’S IT!
For the vegan mayo, I like using this one for when I am lazy, but normally, I would use my homemade one. You can also use vegan-friendly Aioli.
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this 10-Minute Vegan Egg Mayo Sandwich recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
10-Minute Vegan Egg Mayo Sandwich
- For the vegan egg salad:
- 1 block 454g medium-firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 6 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon black salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 black pepper
- To make sandwiches:
- 8 slices bread gluten-free if preferred
- 4 lettuce leaves
- To make the vegan egg salad: chop the tofu into a small cube. Add the tofu to a large bowl along with the vegan mayonnaise, nutritional yeast, yellow mustard, green onions, black salt, and turmeric. Gently mix. If desired add table salt and pepper to taste.