This easy lightened-up 15-Minute Healthy Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry a satisfying 15-minute weeknight meal! A healthy oil-free stir-fry with fresh flavors of garlic & ginger. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
All you need is 7 simple ingredients, and less than 20 minutes to make this satisfying Cashew Broccoli Stir-Fry! We’ve enjoyed it several times this winter so I wanted to share. The idea was to recreate a lightened-up, whole food, plant-based version of chicken & broccoli stir-fry. Using tender, crunchy cashews in place of chicken (or even tofu, tempeh, etc.) brings wonderful texture and flavor.
Quinoa is a great pairing since it finishes cooking right around the same time as the stir-fry. Brown rice (also a lovely pairing) typically takes a bit longer to cook so feel free to cook it in advance or start it a bit earlier than the stir-fry.
I think this is the only stir-fry I make without a separate “stir-fry sauce”. Both to keep it simple, and we find there’s plenty of flavor from the onion-garlic-ginger combination and light coating of tamari. If you have a favorite stir-fry sauce, by all means, adapt the recipe to include it!
I hope you enjoy it!
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found this 15-Minute Healthy Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
15-Minute Roasted Cashew & Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 small onion - sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic - minced
- 1 thumb of ginger - minced
- 3 nests of rice noodles or any noodles you like, you can also use cooked quinoa, brown rice, etc.
- 2-3 tbsp of soy sauce or tamari for a GF option
- 1 large head broccoli 10 oz. florets about 4 cups
- 1 cup/150g roasted cashews*
- Bring a pan of water to a boil, then add the noodles + the broccoli. Cook for 6-7 minutes until the noodles are done and florets and fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, toast the cashew nuts in a pan, or roast them in the oven.
- Heat a wok with some vegetable stock ( 5-6 tbsp ) for an oil-free option and add the sliced onions, minced garlic, and ginger. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the soy sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Then add the strained broccoli and noodles to the pan. Stir it all together and take off the heat.
- Serve sprinkled with cashew nuts, sesame seeds, and sliced scallions.