Healthy 2-Ingredients Easy Chia Milk that is low-carb, packed with healthy fats, and incredibly easy to make. No pre-soaking required.
I like to pour this milk into my breakfast granola! A total yuminess.
What You Will Need To Make Chia Milk:
Important equipment to have:
1.Blender– I didn’t use a fancy Vitamix, just a regular 25 bucks one. It did the job. However, a friend of mine has a Vitamix and it took less time to make this recipe. So the choice is yours.
2. Cheesecloth – is what you will need to strain the chia milk once blended.
3. Milk Jars – optional to store the chia milk
1. Good Quality Chia seeds– this is important because I used a low quality when I first tried making this recipe and it didn’t gel as it should. So I tried with higher quality (organic) and it worked like a dream.
Benefits of Chia Milk:
This milk alternative contains 1,900 and 2,200 milligrams of MCT oil, and health experts say that studies have shown this type of fat can help to lower the harmful kind of cholesterol known as LDL. One glass of this chia milk only contains two to three grams of carbs, which is a lot fewer than what a serving of unsweetened oat milk from Oatly contains (16 grams). Which makes it keto-friendly. One glass of chia milk also has 60 to 70 calories per glass, compared to oat milk, which has about 120 calories.
Not saying that oat milk is unhealthy or bad, but chia milk can definitely compete.
Do let me know how you found this 2-Ingredients Easy Chia Milk you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
2-Ingredients Easy Chia Milk
- 4 tbsp of chia seeds
- 4 cups/1L of water
- Add the chia seeds and water to a blender, and blend for 5 minutes.
- Using a cheesecloth, slowly pour and squeeze the milk out.
- Pour into milk jars and refrigerate or enjoy straight away.