In this quick and simple 20-Minute Eggplant Pak Choi Stir-Fry, sliced eggplant is cooked in an aromatic sauce until silky and intense, with pak choi contributing crunch and freshness.
All you need is a few ingredients, and less than 20 minutes to make this satisfying Stir-Fry! We’ve enjoyed it several times this winter so I wanted to share.
I hope you enjoy it!
The sauce is simple – just whisk together a few Asian sauces and add to the pan with your fried eggplant. Finish off with the Pak Choi.
If you can’t find/don’t like Pak Choi, feel free to swap it for other greens, such as kale, or spinach.
Do you like Stir-Frys?
I love them, and I have got quite a few recipes here in my blog. I just like that they can be made quickly if you don’t feel like cooking for hours. And they are often so satisfying and warming!
Do let me know how you found this 20-Minute Eggplant Pak Choi Stir-Fry if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
20-Minute Eggplant Pak Choi Stir-Fry
- 2- medium sized eggplants/400g
- 1 bunch of spring onions/scallions
- 2-3 large pak choi or spinach or kale
- 2 tsp of oil
- For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp of tamari for a gluten-free option otherwise use soy-sauce
- 2 tbsp of dry sherry or mirin
- 1 tbsp of rice vinegar/or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of Chinese five-spice
- 2 tsp of organic brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 thumb of ginger minced
- 1 chili hot or medium depending on your preference
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the eggplants lengthways and then slice them about 3mm thick.
- Dice the scallions too. Separate the Pak Choi leaves from the stems and cut both into slices about 2cm thick.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the eggplant pieces, and scallions, and stir-fry for 5-10 minutes, until tender and brown.
- Add the sauce you prepared in the wok. cook stirring frequently for a few minutes. Add the Pak Choi stems and cook for a few minutes. Finally, add the pak choi leaves and remove them from heat. The leaves will wilt quickly.
- Serve with rice or noodles.