This easy lightened-up 20-Minute Healthy Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry a satisfying 20-minute weeknight meal! A healthy oil-free stir-fry with fresh flavors of garlic & ginger. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
All you need is 7 simple ingredients, and less than 25 minutes to make this satisfying Cashew Broccoli Stir-Fry! We’ve enjoyed it several times this winter so I wanted to share. The idea was to recreate a lightened-up, whole food, plant-based version of chicken & broccoli stir-fry. Using tender, crunchy cashews in place of chicken (or even tofu, tempeh, etc.) brings wonderful texture and flavor.
Quinoa is a great pairing since it finishes cooking right around the same time as the stir-fry. Brown rice (also a lovely pairing) typically takes a bit longer to cook so feel free to cook it in advance or start it a bit earlier than the stir-fry.
I think this is the only stir-fry I make without a separate “stir-fry sauce”. Both to keep it simple, and we find there’s plenty of flavor from the onion-garlic-ginger combination and light coating of tamari. If you have a favorite stir-fry sauce, by all means, adapt the recipe to include it!
I hope you enjoy it!
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found this 20-Minute Healthy Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
20-Minute Roasted Cashew & Broccoli Stir-Fry
- 1 small onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 large head broccoli 10 oz. florets, about 4 cups
- 1- inch piece ginger 1 Tbsp. grated
- 1 cup/150g roasted cashews*
- 2-3 Tbsp. tamari or soy sauce
- Sesame seeds for topping
- FOR SERVING OPTIONAL:
- Brown rice quinoa, noodles, etc.
- Begin cooking your rice or quinoa if using. (Or do this ahead of time so it’s ready to go.)
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the onion.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, sauté onion for 5-6 minutes. (I use about 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, adding more as needed.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and grate ginger. (I use a Microplane grater for ginger.) Cut broccoli into florets.
- When the onion is translucent, add garlic, ginger, and broccoli. Stir.
- Add 1/4 cup water (or vegetable broth), cover, and let broccoli steam for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Important: keep an eye on it and add more water/broth as needed to keep the pan from drying out.)
- Add cashews and tamari. (Start with 2 Tbsp. tamari and add more as desired.)
- Stir well and heat another 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is desired tenderness.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds over a warm bed of rice, noodles or quinoa