There are times that I just need something sweet, chocolatey, and refreshing, especially on a hot summer’s day. Those are the days I fire up my blender and make this 3-Ingredient 130-Calories Creamy Vegan Chocolate Milkshake!
Made with velvety almond milk and creamy banana, this dairy-free chocolate banana smoothie is perfectly sweet and refreshing, without the tons of calories and sugars.
With only 3 ingredients, my craving is filled easily within the 2-minutes flat, with only 130 calories per milkshake… how cool is that?
The simple ingredients are things that many of us likely keep on-hand.
- cocoa powder
- almond milk (or any plant milk)
One thing that I like to do is keep frozen bananas in my freezer. When my local grocery store sets those bags of ugly ripe bananas out for almost no money I grab them up. At home, I put them in the freezer whole, and if I need to use them for a recipe – I leave them at room temp for 10 minutes, then peel them off. This will keep fresh, without getting dark and mushy!
We all know that the ugliest bananas are the sweetest, and that’s terrific in a smoothie like this because no other sweetener is needed. The banana takes care of it!
Another good thing about frozen bananas is that less ice is required to make a smoothie.
Do let me know how you found this 3-Ingredient 130-Calories Creamy Vegan Chocolate Milkshake if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
3-Ingredient 130-Calories Creamy Vegan Chocolate Milkshake
- 1 medium banana ideally frozen
- 3/4 cup/177g unsweetened almond milk or other plant milk but that will change the overall calories per shake
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- ice cubes enough to get the consistency you like, I added 3
- Simply peel a banana and add it along with plant milk, cocoa powder, and ice to a blender. And blitz for 1 minute.
- You don’t need a high power blender because any blender will do. More powerful blenders like my Vitamix will make the milkshake smoother but it't not the end of the world.
- Top your milkshake with desired toppings.