These 3-Ingredient Healthy Brownie Truffles are made with 3 simple, wholesome ingredients, and guess what? Not one of them is sugar. Just raw walnuts, dates, cocoa powder (or cacao). These bites are a great source of Omega-3 fats – thanks to the walnuts!
These truffles are gluten-free, plant-based, raw, and can be made nut-free too.
Why omega-3 fats are good for you:
Omega-3s are a wonderful fatty acid that’s essential for your brain, your heart, and immune system. Most people will fail to get enough omega-3s in their diet as we tend to not eat fish ( because vegan diet ) You can read more about 0mega-3s here.
But did you know walnuts also contain copper, vitamin e, and other anti-inflammatory properties? I’ve never been more of a fan of walnuts until now!
The only sweetener in these little bites of goodness is the dates. If you weren’t already aware, dates are an amazing source of fiber and vitamins, and their natural sweetness (and sticky texture!) is perfect for adding to no-bake snacks and treats.
I simply love simple easy to make bites like these 3-Ingredient Healthy Brownie Truffles. They are easy to pack and carry around, for a quick healthy snack whenever needed.
I have a lot of similar recipes in my blog:
3-Ingredient Healthy Fig And Hazelnut Bites
3-Ingredient Sesame Seed Bites
Healthy 4-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Truffles
Do let me know how you found these 3-Ingredient Healthy Brownie Truffles if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly onInstagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan dishes! Click HERE to find out more!
3-Ingredient Healthy Brownie Truffles
- 1 cup/120g 4 ounces raw walnut halves/ or use sunflower seeds for a nut-free version
- 1 cup/170g packed pitted dates soak them in water beforehand if they are too hard
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder/cacao
- 2 tablespoons shaved chocolate, or chopped walnuts,extra cocoa to roll the bites ( optional )
- Place walnuts, cocoa powder, and dates into a food processor. Process for about 1 minute or until walnuts and dates come together well. Walnuts should be slightly chunky.
- The dough texture should be thick and clumpy and possibly come together into a ball. If it isn't, then add 1 or 2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Use a cookie dough scoop to grab 1 tablespoon of the mixture and then roll into a ball. Place onto a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all the mixture is gone.
- Roll the balls onto the deisred mix (cocoa, shaved chocolate etc) and transfer to an airtight container or a reusable bag and store in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023