These 3-Ingredient Healthy Fig And Hazelnut Bites are so filling and so healthy. Perfect for your quick afternoon snack to fill you with energy and help you curb your cravings for sugar in a healthy way!
Now I know that you would think that you would probably do this recipe with dates, but I decided to try something different and used dried figs instead. Plus, the fruity swap makes these bites a little less sugary. Don’t get me wrong, they’re still a sweet treat, but sometimes I find that dates can be a little too sweet for me, so I think this works perfectly for this recipe.
But sure, feel free to use dates instead if you like!
If you do go for the dried figs, it’s important that you soak them in hot water for about 10 minutes, so that it softens them up.
You can also use Almonds instead of hazelnuts! This recipe is quite flexible, you can play around with it a lot!
How To Make Hazelnut Energy Bites WIth Figs:
Now all you need is just a few ingredients:
1. Dried Figs
2. Hazelnuts, or almonds
3. Good quality Cocoa Powder
4. Vanilla Extract
All you need to do is ground your nuts in a high-speed blender or a food processor until it resembles fine ground. Alternatively, if you are using almonds, you can buy pre-made ground almond flour! – Then simply combine all the rest of the ingredients together and whizz until it resembles dough-like.
Shape your bites and enjoy them!
I stuffed a whole hazelnut inside my bites, but that’s optional!
More Vegan Recipes:
1.Easy Healthy Chocolate Almond Overnight Oats
2.1-Bowl Incredibly Healthy Vegan Oatmeal Bread
3.Easy Healthy GF Vegan Tahini Oat Cookies
Do let me know how you found this 3-Ingredient Healthy Fig And Hazelnut Bites recipe if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Makes 10 bites
150g of Dried Figs stems removed
140g of hazelnuts
25g of good quality Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
1. Trim the stems off of the dried figs, if there are any. Place them in a medium bowl, cover with hot water, and let them sit for 5-10 minutes.
2. In the meantime, pulse the hazelnuts in a food processor until they form a coarse meal. Add in the Cacao Powder, Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon, and Salt. Drain the Figs, then add to the food processor. Process all ingredients until a uniform, crumbly “dough” forms.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
Using a 1 tablespoon measure, form the dough into even balls – mine made about 10.
Note: it helps to have your hands slightly wet for this step so the mixture will not stick to them.
Storage: Store these 3-Ingredient Healthy Fig And Hazelnut Bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023