These 3-Ingredient Healthy Pumpkin Seed Bars are super easy to make and taste so delicious. They are the perfect healthy sweet snack to have compared to all the other unhealthy sugary candy.
Just three ingredients are needed in this easy recipe that is full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and protein
I feel like pumpkin seeds are not given enough credit; they are amazing, and I wish people consumed them more than they currently are.
Pumpkin seeds combined with chocolate, I mean who wouldn’t like that? It’s like hiding the pumpkin seeds in chocolate if you will. You are eating an indulgent snack, that feels unhealthy, but in reality, it’s so good for you.
How To Make Pumpkin Seed Bars:
This healthy recipe is suitable for vegans (only when using dairy-free chocolate though), plant-based, nut-free, grain-free, oil-free, gluten-free, and general healthy diets.
The pumpkin seeds need to be soaked in water, then drained. They are then blitzed in a food processor with the dates (dates act as a binding agent and added natural sweetness) then the sticky ‘dough’ is pressed into a pan.
The chocolate is melted, then it’s poured on top of the pumpkin base.
The pan is chilled, then the bars are cut and consumed. You can even store them in the freezer, and pick one when you need to.
More Healthy Vegan Snack Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this 3-Ingredient Healthy Pumpkin Seed Bars Recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
3-Ingredient Healthy Pumpkin Seed Bars
- 1 cup / 130g Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup / 175g Dates pitted
- 4.4 oz / 125g Chocolate
- Soak the pumpkin seeds in water for an hour or overnight to sprout.
- Rinse and drain the seeds then blend together with the dates until combined using a food processor.
- You may need to scrape the sides if using a food processor/blender or shake.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Line a pan with greaseproof paper ( used an 8" loaf tin ) then tip in the pumpkin date mixture and using your fingers push the edges to make level and press.
- Pour the chocolate on top then tilt to spread to the edges. Add more pumpkin seeds on top if you like.
- Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes to set before cutting.