These 3-Ingredient Healthy Pumpkin Seed Bars are super easy to make and taste so delicious. They are the perfect healthy sweet snack to have compared to all the other unhealthy sugary candy.
Just three ingredients are needed in this easy recipe that is full of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and protein. The pumpkin seeds are sprouted meaning the nutrients are better absorbed by the body.
Pumpkin seeds are high in iron, zinc, magnesium, and protein. They have a strong earthy taste that I don’t find palatable on their own but they do work really well in this candy with sweet dates and bitter dark chocolate.
Of course, if you have a sweet tooth, or don’t like dark chocolate, feel free to use sweeter chocolate, but I personally use dark chocolate because I like it less sweet, and it’s obviously healthier.
These Pumpkin Seed Bars Are Really Specific Diet-Friendly:
This healthy recipe is suitable for vegans (only when using dairy-free chocolate though), plant-based, nut-free, grain-free, oil-free, gluten-free, and general healthy diets.
In this healthy pumpkin seed base recipe, the pumpkin seeds are soaked in water in order to activate them and to make them easier to digest. This means that your body can absorb more of the vitamins and minerals.
I’m using an 84% cacao very dark chocolate for this pumpkin candy. This does have some sugar added but only a small amount and it’s quite bitter on its own but with the intense sweetness of the dates, it satisfies a sweet tooth. As mentioned above you can use sweeter chocolate if you like.
You can use any dried fruit you like in place of the dates. Sultanas also work very well but as many people haven’t been keen on them in previous recipes I’ve reverted back to good old dates for this. I just use standard pure pitted dates for this, try to use reasonably soft ones without any added sugar or preservatives but it doesn’t have to be the very expensive Medjool.
More Healthy Vegan Snack Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this 3-Ingredient Healthy Pumpkin Seed Bars Recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
3-Ingredient Healthy Pumpkin Seed Bars
- 1 cup / 130g Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup / 175g Dates pitted
- 4.4 oz / 125g Chocolate
- Soak the pumpkin seeds in water for an hour or overnight to sprout.
- Rinse and drain the seeds then blend together with the dates until combined using a food processor.
- You may need to scrape the sides if using a food processor/blender or shake.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Line a pan with greaseproof paper ( used an 8" loaf tin ) then tip in the pumpkin date mixture and using your fingers push the edges to make level and press.
- Pour the chocolate on top then tilt to spread to the edges. Add more pumpkin seeds on top if you like.
- Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes to set before cutting.