These 3-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Fudge Brownies contain no butter, flour, grains, or sugar- Just easy, everyday ingredients! Rich, dark, and super fudgy, these brownies are suitable for those following a vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free lifestyle!
These brownies are perfect for breakfast, afternoon snack, or dessert! They are very versatile and healthy. No guilt here, just eat a brownie and feel good!
I had my doubts about using applesauce. Compared to pumpkin and banana, it’s much more liquid-like, and as such, I thought I may need to add some coconut flour or arrowroot starch because brownie soup was not my intention.
I put this beauty in the oven and monitored it. Around 20 minutes, it was nicely baked on top and around the edges, but the center was still incredibly moist and gooey. Another 10 minutes, and it was slightly better, not perfect. After a further 5 minutes, I took it out of the oven and let it cool in the pan, praying that the brownies would firm up. Once cooled, I refrigerated it overnight. The next morning, I removed it from the pan and dug in with a knife, hoping it wouldn’t fall apart.
AND IT DIDN’T!
BEST. FUDGIEST. BROWNIES.
Not only did they turn out ridiculously amazingly, but they also didn’t taste the slightest bit ‘fruity’-Another fear I had! The last thing I wanted to be was for me or someone else to dig in, only to proclaim it was like a chocolate fruit basket.
Okay, enough rambling. Let’s jump into the recipe!
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found these 3-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Fudge Brownies if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
3-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Fudge Brownies
- 1 cup/250g of applesauce
- 1/2 cup/125g of drippy almond butter can sub for peanut cashew, or sun butter.
- 1/4- 2/3 cup/25/65g cocoa powder more cocoa yields a richer taste
- Preheat the oven to 350/180c degrees and coat a small 4 x 6 or 6 x 6 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside- A smaller pan makes thicker brownies. If you don't have a small pan, simply double this recipe!
- In a large mixing bowl, add your applesauce and nut butter and mix well. If nut butter is too stiff, feel free to microwave until melted. Once mixed, add cocoa powder and mix until fully incorporated and a thick, silky batter remains.
- Transfer brownie batter to the loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out just clean. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan completely. Once cooled, refrigerate for several hours (even better, if overnight). Remove, top with optional frosting and slice into bars.
- Brownies need to be kept refrigerated but are also freezer friendly. They taste delicious thawed slightly, directly from the freezer. Cooking time can vary, depending on your oven.