If you are someone who is watching their figure, and you are trying to eat healthier, you need this vegan chocolate protein pudding in your life!
You probably know that beans are high in protein, but I bet you would be surprised if I told you, that dark chocolate has good protein content too. So we have mixed 2 protein ingredients together that taste good and are filling.
Any white beans would work, but I used butter beans, as they have the creamiest texture. The pudding is sweetened with a touch of maple syrup, and it’s perfectly served with fresh apple slices.
The creaminess and the body come from whipping aquafaba. It’s the perfect substitute for egg whites.
I know it probably sounds gross combining beans and chocolate, but it works well. Especially if you are looking at consuming more protein with every meal (even snacks or desserts)
Do let me know how you found this 3-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Protein Chocolate Mousse if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Healthy Vegan Desserts:
3-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Protein Chocolate Mousse
- Blender/food processor
- Electric whisk
- 5.3 oz / 150g Dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 can/tin White beans/cannellini 400ml / 14oz
- Melt most of the chocolate in a bowl over hot water, leave enough chocolate to grate for a topping.
- Pour the beans into a sieve with a bowl below to catch all the bean juice.
- Whisk the bean juice with an electronic whisk for a few minutes while the chocolate melts.
- Add the beans, and maple syrup to the melted chocolate and blend together in a jug blender or food processor. You may have to scrape down the sides several times.
- Continue to whisk the bean juice (AKA aquafaba) until stiff peaks are formed, this takes about 8-10 mins in total with an electric whisk.
- Stiff peaks are when you can turn the bowl upside down and the mixture doesn’t move. With aquafaba you don’t need to worry about over-whisking.
- Fold the chocolate bean mixture into the aquafaba then pour it into 4 small glass dishes.
- Chill for an hour then sprinkle the mousse with grated chocolate.
- Keep the protein mousse in the fridge and enjoy within 3 days.