This 3-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Protein Chocolate Mousse and velvety mouse is made from just a tin of white beans and very dark chocolate. It’s vegan and without any wheat so suitable for dairy-free, egg-free and gluten-free diets.
What can be better than a simple recipe to make a thick and creamy high protein vegan mousse? One serving of this protein mousse is very filling and bursting with fiber and nutrition.
Both beans and dark chocolate are high in protein. Dark chocolate has a high cocoa content from the ground cocoa beans that are actually a seed. One serving contains about 9g of protein and it also contains a healthy amount of iron, manganese, and calcium.
This protein mousse recipe uses cannellini, a type of haricot bean, but any white bean can be used. It’s the same variety of bean that is used to make baked beans. Other beans like butter beans or chickpeas work well but do give a different flavor.
If you don’t have an electronic whisk you can just blend altogether (beans, bean juice, and chocolate) the vegan mousse ingredients then leave to set. I tried several times to perfect the recipe and the blender alone method is good, but the mouse isn’t quite as foamy.
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found this 3-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Protein Chocolate Mousse if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
3-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Protein Chocolate Mousse
- Blender/food processor
- Electric whisk
- 5.3 oz / 150g Dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 can/tin White beans/cannellini 400ml / 14oz
- Melt most of the chocolate in a bowl over hot water, leave enough chocolate to grate for a topping.
- Pour the beans into a sieve with a bowl below to catch all the bean juice.
- Whisk the bean juice with an electronic whisk for a few minutes while the chocolate melts.
- Add the beans, and maple syrup to the melted chocolate and blend together in a jug blender or food processor. You may have to scrape down the sides several times.
- Continue to whisk the bean juice (AKA aquafaba) until stiff peaks are formed, this takes about 8-10 mins in total with an electric whisk.
- Stiff peaks are when you can turn the bowl upside down and the mixture doesn’t move. With aquafaba you don’t need to worry about over-whisking.
- Fold the chocolate bean mixture into the aquafaba then pour it into 4 small glass dishes.
- Chill for an hour then sprinkle the mousse with grated chocolate.
- Keep the protein mousse in the fridge and enjoy within 3 days.