30-Minute Curried Vegan Peanut Vegetable Stew, satisfying, healthy, hearty, what more can you ask from a stew? It has got nutty notes in there, creaminess, sweetness, it’s also pretty filling for a low-calorie dish!
Do you know what I really like – I like recipes where I could just chop up some leftover veggies from my fridge and cook ’em in a pan with some condiments. I buy a lot, a lot of vegetables, and often I am left with leftovers. So, what I tend to do is chop them all up and cook them up. Normally tends to be in a stir-fry.
This recipe couldn’t be easier. You can also sub and use different veggies. Use up anything you have leftover in your fridge or pantry.
I call this recipe “vegetable overload” if you look at the picture, there is tons more veggies than sauce 😀
It’s so delicious though, and you can get your five a day easily here.
More Vegetable Recipes:
1. Mom’s Easy 6 Vegetable Baked Casserole
2. Vegan Creamy Wild Rice & Vegetable Stew
3. Easy Homemade Pickle For Vegetables
Do let me know how you found this 30-Minute Curried Vegan Peanut Vegetable Stew if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
30-Minute Curried Vegan Peanut Vegetable Stew
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup 80 g chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1- inch ginger minced
- 1 cup 100 g cauliflower florets
- 1/2 0.5 bell pepper green or red chopped
- 1 small sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1/2 tsp 0.5 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp peanut butter or other nut butter or sun butter to make it nut-free
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tsp sugar or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp 0.5 tsp distilled white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp 0.25 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp 0.25 tsp pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup 226 ml or more light coconut milk for creamier stew
- 1/2 cup 72.5 g peas thawed if frozen
- black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- lemon juice and cayenne
- basil and peanuts for garnish
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent. Fold in the ginger.
- Add peppers, cauliflower, sweet potato, and a dash of black pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the peas and the spices and mix well. It will take a few minutes for the nut butter to incorporate. Partially cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is fork-tender. (You can also add a cup of cooked chickpeas or lentils at this time or fold in some kale now or spinach with the peas).
- Taste and adjust salt, sweet, and heat. Add a dash of lemon and cayenne if needed.
- Add in the peas. Simmer for another few minutes if needed or until the vegetables are cooked to preference. Adjust consistency if needed with more water or nondairy milk.
- Serve over rice or grains or with toasted pita bread/flatbread. Add some more water during simmering to serve as soup. It can be served hot or cold. I usually garnish with basil or cilantro, pepper flakes, and peanuts
Freezes well too, for up to a month.
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023