4-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Banana Snickers, which is ideal for a healthier dessert, that is Gluten-Free and Vegan! They are super easy to make, and it can be a fun thing to do with your kids in the kitchen. it’s also obviously a kids’ friendly snack, and can be stored in the freezer for a quick snack for months!
I love, love snickers! Over any other chocolate bar, I think it’s mainly because I LOVE peanuts! Call me weird, but instead of eating the occasional tub of ice cream on the sofa, I get a small jar of peanut butter and eat it with a spoon…Please tell me some of you have done this before I think I am an absolute weirdo…
One of my favorite ways to eat a Snickers bar is actually frozen. If you haven’t tried, oh jeez, it’s amazing! We used to get them when we went to the beach and it was the most refreshing treat ever. And definitely the nutritious kind of snack you want your kids to be munching on after a long day in the hot sun. KIDDING!
So rather than encourage you to eat a frozen Snickers bar, which I don’t really recommend, I’m going to give you a healthy, tasty, nutritious way to enjoy this insanely delicious treat. We’re making No-Bake Snickers Banana Bites!
So if we’re breaking down the actual anatomy of a Snickers bar, here’s what we’re working with:
1. Peanut butter nougat
3. Roasted Peanuts
4. Chocolate Coating
And we’re replacing all four layers in our own clean way!
First up we’ve got the peanut butter nougat. My solution? Sliced bananas and peanut butter! Which we freeze to give that nice creamy texture!
Our next layer to worry about is caramel. Vegan caramel can be a tiny bit tricky finicky and I wanted to also give you a treat that was frozen and no-bake, so we’re resorting to date caramel.
We’re using soaked Medjool dates which taste remarkably like caramel!
Medjool dates are amazing in no-bake desserts because they’re sticky, super sweet and they usually help to bind things together. But as a caramel? Holy deliciousness!
Final step…the chocolate!
I simply melted some dark chocolate chips together and then dunked the frozen banana bites in that melty goodness. Topped with chopped roasted peanuts for some added crunch and what do we have?
NO BAKE SNICKERS BITES! That are not only simple to make, but also healthy, naturally sweetened, and with zero of the junk that traditional Snickers bars have.
Now, this is a dessert that you can feel good about serving to adults, kids, and everyone in between!
Anyyyway! Please do let me know how you found this 4-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Banana Snickers recipe, and if there is anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can message me directly on Instagram or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
P.s…Also, try my 3-ingredients Snickers nice cream!
4-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Banana Snickers
- 15 mejdool dates pitted
- 2 ripe large bananas not overly ripe ideally
- 1/3 cup/ 80g of peanut butter ideally cold, smooth, none-runny!
- 1 cup/ 175g of dark chocolate chips
- 3-4 tbsp of chopped peanuts optional
- Add the dates into a bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside for 15 minutes to soften.
- Remove dates from the water (don't discard the water!) and add to a blender along with 2 tablespoons of the soaking liquid. Blend on high until smooth.
- Slice the bananas on a slight angle about 1/8" thick. Transfer circles to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top each slice of banana with 1/4 tsp/1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter, followed by 1/2 teaspoon of the date caramel. Freeze the whole tray for a minimum of 1 hour.
- When ready to dip, melt the chocolate chips. Carefully dip each frozen banana into the chocolate, tapping off any excess chocolate and transfer back to the baking sheet. Top with chopped peanuts and repeat until all bananas are covered. Freeze for another 1 hour before enjoying them.