These 5-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Coconut Matcha Macaroons are the perfect way to use up that matcha powder you have had in your cupboard for a while!
Healthy, tasty, gluten-free, and cruelty-free macaroons…what more can you ask from these beauties?
Super soft, chewy, and naturally sweetened matcha cookies! These cookies require just 5 ingredients (6 if you add vanilla) and taste like a coconut matcha latte!
I recommend using good quality matcha here, not only the cookies will taste better with no bitterness, but they will also have a greener color. You can obviously adjust the amount of matcha to your liking. I went with 1/2 + 1/4 tsp of matcha, which in my opinion adds enough flavor without being overpowering. If you are not used to matcha, feel free to use a bit less.
I hope you like these matcha cookies. They are healthy, chewy, coconutty, and make a delicious mid-morning or afternoon snack!
Do let me know how you found these 5-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Coconut Matcha Macaroons if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
5-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Coconut Matcha Macaroons
- 2/3 cup/66g unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup/65g almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of good quality matcha powder
- 1/4 cup/85g coconut nectar or agave syrup, maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the shredded coconut, almond flour, and matcha powder.
- Add the coconut nectar, and vanilla extract. Using a wooden spoon, mix for about 1 minute, or until it forms a slightly sticky paste. You can also use your hands to mix.
- Using slightly wet hands, form 8 thick cylinders of about 1.5-inch wide and place them on the baking sheet. Don’t worry if they are close to each other, they won’t spread.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Then let cool at least 20 minutes before enjoying the cookies.