These 5-Ingredient Vegan Caramelized Banana & Nut Bars are packed with all the goodness your body needs in 1 bar. These delicious seeded banana bars are totally refined sugar-free, vegan friendly, dairy-free and are so good for you.
If you cannot eat nuts, these bars can easily be made nut-free as well. Just use mixed seeds instead of nuts.
I decided to try something different, and roast the bananas, instead of just adding them to the food processor raw.
The result was great! The roasted banana flavor is fantastic. These bars are also twice baked. The flavor is deep, and just incredibly delicious.
It makes me so happy when I manage to come up with a recipe that is made from healthy ingredients and it just tastes so good. You really don’t need those expensive bars at the stores, that are typically loaded with sugars, nasty oils etc.
Make yourself a batch of those, and they will last you for weeks.
You can store these bars in the fridge for up to 1 week, and freeze them for up to a month! Just perfect!
More Vegan Snack Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this 5-Ingredient Vegan Caramelized Banana & Nut Bars Recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
5-Ingredient Vegan Caramelized Banana & Nut Bars
- 1 food processor I use this one
- 1 Baking Tray
- 1 Square Pan
- 2 Slices of Parchment Paper
- 4 medium-sized bananas sliced into 1/2 cm thick slices
- 1.5 cups/215g nuts/seeds a mix of walnuts cashews, almonds, pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup/90g of oats
- 6 pitted dates if the dates are hard soak them in hot water for 5 minutes and drain.
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Place the sliced bananas on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Add the oats and nuts to another baking dish. Bake the sliced bananas in the oven at 375F/190C for 15 mins, Reduce the temperature to 350F/180 C then add the nuts and oats to the oven and bake for another 15 mins. Let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor, including the cinnamon. Pulse until a dough-like consistency.
- Press this mix into a parchment-lined brownie pan and bake at 300F/150 C for 20 mins.
- Cool the pan completely before slicing.