5-Ingredients No-Added Sugar Vegan Blondies that are fudgy and gooey WFPB blondie that’s made out of chickpeas. This recipe is super healthy, flourless, and can be made gluten-free!
These are amazing healthy blondies. They are naturally sweet, quick, and super easy to make. It’s perfect for breakfast or as a snack.
They are packed full of nutritious healthy ingredients. Who knew you can have such a healthy dessert or a snack?
So the main ingredient in this recipe….is….chickpeas!
I know what are you thinking – chickpeas in baking ?! I have to admit I was also quite skeptical the first time making chickpea blondies. But surprisingly, chickpea works really well in this recipe! It gives the blondies a soft, buttery texture and I promise you can barely taste the chickpeas. I was looking at making healthier vegan blondies, so chickpeas crossed my mind, and here we are! I thought of using biscoff spread, but I wanted to make these healthy and gluten-free.
WHAT ARE BLONDIES?
Blondies are just brownies but without the cocoa! Sometimes referred to as ” blond brownies “, they are really similar to brownies when it comes to texture. Both are buttery and super gooey, hence a perfect sweet treat to end your meal!
So what I have done here, is basically make a healthier (vegan) alternative to blondies.
The process to make vegan blondies:
- Soak your dates in hot water for 20 mins. You can skip this if your dates are really moist.
- Preheat oven to 360F/180c. Start by turning the oats into oat flour by blending them in a food processor/high-speed blender.
- After the oats are turned into flour, add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until rough paste forms. Now, you might have to add a splash of plant-based milk to reach a consistency that resembles cookie dough.
- Place the dough into a lined 8×8 pan. Smooth out the dough using a spatula.
- Bake it in the oven for 25 mins, or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Let it cool in the baking tray, slice, and serve! That’s it! Literally.
Do let me know how you found these 5-Ingredients No-Added Sugar Vegan Blondies if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
5-Ingredients No-Added Sugar Vegan Blondies
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas or 2 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup/90g rolled oats
- ½ cup/100g tahini
- 1 ½ cups/260g pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon baking powder use gluten-free baking paper for a GF option
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F.
- Add hot water to the dates and soak.
- Place the rolled oats into a high speed blender / food processor. Blend until the oats turn into oat flour.
- Drain the date and add in the rest of the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until a rough paste forms.
- It's okay if it's a bit chunky. You may need to add a splash of plant based milk or water to reach a consistency that resembles cookie dough.
- Transfer the mixture to a lined 8x8 square baking pan. Bake it in the oven for 20-25 mins or until the edges are browned.
- Let it cool in the pan for at least 10 mins before slicing it. Serve and enjoy!