You are going to love this 5-Minute Chocolate Hummus. Anything that has chocolate will always be GOOD. Even now in hummus.
I will have to admit when I first heard of chocolate hummus I had my doubts. Why change what is fundamentally one of the greatest dips, ever? Hummus is already a staple recipe in so many vegan households, so I approached this with caution.
But trust me, this totally works. Tahini is a surprisingly versatile ingredient and, along with the chickpeas, these two ingredients match perfectly with the sweetness from the maple syrup and the bitterness from the cocoa powder.
I will often recreate this recipe when I am looking for a healthy sweet snack. I like to eat it with apple slices, strawberries, or bananas!
Regardless of the fact that this is chocolate hummus, that doesn’t mean it’s not healthy. Cocoa powder is loaded with healthy fats, protein, and fiber, the same goes for chickpeas in terms of protein or fiber. The tahini has got healthy fats too!
How do you like your hummus?
As this recipe suggests, I like mine in chocolate 😀
Jokes on the side, I do have loads of recipes for hummus, so trying something a bit out there that involves hummus had to be done.
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this 5-Minute Chocolate Hummus if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
5-Minute Chocolate Hummus
- 1 x 12oz/400g tinned/canned chickpeas
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of water
- a small handful of cocoa nibs or shaved/chopped chocolate to serve
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add the chickpeas, maple syrup, tahini, vanilla extract, and cocoa powder to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add a pinch of salt if desired.
- Transfer the chocolate hummus to a small serving dish and top with chocolate if you like.
I like to dip the chocolate hummus with apple slices, strawberries, or banana.
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023