An amazingly 5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake. You get a perfect quick chocolatey dessert – that’s healthier, vegan, and oil-free.
An easy vegan chocolate mug cake recipe, that only needs 5 ingredients to make a fudgy brownie in a mug. The beauty of this is that it’s done in about 5 minutes! Perfect for a quick dessert after dinner.
The beauty of a mug cake for one is that the mug holds the brownie together, you don’t need to take it out of the mug and slice it, which means the structural integrity of the mug brownie is not important!
Vegan Mug Cake Substitutions
- FLOUR: If you need this recipe to be gluten-free just sub for gluten-free flour.
- MAPLE SYRUP: No maple syrup, no problem, substitute for another liquid sweetener such as date syrup or agave syrup.
- PEANUT BUTTER: This can be substituted for any nut butter (or nut-free butter, like sunflower seed butter)
Do let me know how you found this 5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook!! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
5-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
- 35 g/2 heaping tbsp of flour
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 heaping spoon of runny peanut butter sub for other nut butter
- 60 ml of water
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- In a bowl place dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder) and whisk together.
- To the dry ingredients add the maple syrup, peanut butter, water & whisk. You want the batter to be quite loose.
- Pour the batter into a large mug.
- Prepare the microwave, pop a small plate for you to place the mug on, just in case there is any overflow.
- Microwave for 35 seconds to start. (on a high-temperature setting in my microwave) this is perfect and still a bit gooey, you may need a little more or less to test it. Remember with a microwave recipe often cooks a little more on sitting, so it's best to start with a shorter time frame.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream if you like.