You’re going to be dipping everything into this beautiful vibrant 5-Minute Creamy Beetroot Hummus! It looks stunning, it’s healthy and it all comes together in 5 minutes!
A lot of people are intolerant to chickpeas, but that doesn’t mean, that they have to miss out on hummus!
So, this beetroot hummus recipe is for you!
And it’s good, too. The beetroot and the chickpeas provide richness, texture, and a bit of sweetness, while cumin adds its aromatic warmth. Plus, the lemon juice and zest brighten all the things with the acidity.
Bonus? There’s no need to roast the beetroots! I mean, you can if you really want to, but canned or vacuum-packed beetroots work just fine, they have about the same nutritional value as of fresh beets and save you time.
Does my lazy recipe make sense? 😀 The more simple we keep things, the better!
This delicious velvety smooth dip or spread is perfect for a large crowd and requires so little effort and a few basic cupboard essentials. Plus, it makes a gorgeous vegan appetizer for your next holiday parties.
WHAT INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- Salt & pepper
As you can see, I have not added any oil to this recipe, to keep it healthier and suitable for a WFPB diet! But believe me – it doesn’t need the oil!
Tips For Making This Super-Yummy Hummus:
- This is a basic recipe and all the ingredients can be easily adjusted to your taste. Add more beets, omit cumin, increase the amount of salt/lemon juice, …. Just try, give it a taste, and experiment until you are happy with its taste.
- I used Homemade Tahini to make this beetroot bean hummus but you can use shop-bought tahini!
Shall we make some purple hummus?
Do let me know how you found this 5-Minute Creamy Beetroot Hummus recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
5-Minute Creamy Beetroot Hummus
- 1 1/2 cups/300g Cooked chickpeas or 15oz can drained. or butter beans for the sub of chickpeas
- 1 cup /140g cooked beetroot not in vinegar!
- ½ Lemon zest + juice
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 1 tbsp Sumac
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Add all ingredients in a blender/food processor and blitz for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth.
- You may need to add a bit of water to help it blend.
- Optional: top with sesame seeds, chia seeds, sumac.