This 5-Minute Healthy Broccoli Hummus is a tasty twist on the classic hummus recipe. Perfectly summery. Perfect for parties, picnics, lunch boxes, or snacks. Easy and quick recipe!
Don’t like broccoli, or have leftover broccoli to use up? This hummus recipe is for you! You won’t taste the broccoli much, but all the goodness of it is there!
The recipe is low in fat, low in calories, high in protein and fiber. The perfect healthy snack!
3 Reasons Why You Will Love This Superfood Hummus:
- Easy recipe – The Food-processor does all the work for you.
- Quick preparation – Hummus only takes minutes to make if you are using ready-cooked chickpeas!
- Nutritious – all the ingredients in this broccoli hummus are healthy, fiber, and protein-rich. It’s also high in vitamins, minerals, and a touch of healthy fats there. And last but not least – IT’S FREAKING DELICIOUS!
Why this hummus is so flippin’ healthy:
- Chickpeas are protein-rich and a great source of fiber.
- Free from gluten, grains, dairy, nuts, and sugar.
- This recipe is great for supporting healthy blood sugar levels, healthy cholesterol levels, and helping to keep you fuller for longer.
- A well-balanced snack that is rich in protein,slow-release smart carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
- The tahini adds a great source of calcium, magnesium, and vitamin E.
Are you convinced to try this hummus now?
Do let me know how you found this 5-Minute Healthy Broccoli Hummus if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
5-Minute Healthy Broccoli Hummus
- 2 cups/140g of cooked broccoli florets ( boiled or steamed )
- 1 cup/200g Cooked Chickpeas drained or 15oz can drain
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- ½ Lemon juice only
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp of paprika or cayenne for a kick
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Add all ingredients in a blender/food processor and blitz for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth. You may need to stop a few times to scrape the sides, so it blends evenly.
- Serve as a dip or spread.
- Optional: top with sesame seeds, paprika, or any herbs of choice!