This is a 5-Minute Healthy Vegan Pesto! Use it with pasta, salads, over pizza, over garlic bread, roasted veggies, sandwiches, lasagna, wraps! Anything you like. A nut-free option is available for this recipe. Vegan and gluten-free soy-free recipe.
Who doesn’t like pesto? I mean, I drizzle that stuff on anything and everything. From pizzas, pastas, bread you name it.
oh, and on roasted veggies as well.
Buying pesto is not the best option, not to mention that the majority aren’t vegan. They are typically loaded with unhealthy oils (too much oil) and tons of salt and other crap. Your body doesn’t need that. Also, pestos, especially vegan pesto is very expensive if you buy it.
The blender does all the work for you. All you need to do is add a bunch of ingredients to your blender, whizz, and congrats, you made pesto!
Let’s make some Healthy Vegan Pesto!
Do let me know how you found this 5-Minute Healthy Vegan Pesto if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Vegan Italian Recipes:
5-Minute Healthy Vegan Pesto
- 1/2 cup 12 g packed fresh basil
- 1.5 cups 45 g spinach or baby kale, or loosely packed parsley, cilantro or more basil
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp pine nuts or pecans or use almonds cashews, walnuts, (hemp seeds or more sunflower seeds for nut-free)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- zest of half a lemon or use lemon juice to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ( or simply ignore the oil for oil-free option
- black pepper red pepper flakes or other flavor addition
- 3 tbsp water
- Add all ingredients in a blender/food processor and process.
- Add more water if needed to make a homogeneous mixture.
- Taste and adjust flavor. Add more oil to preference, adjust salt, add more nutritional yeast for cheesier. Use with pasta, salads, over pizza, over garlic bread, in sandwiches with roasted veggies and other applications.
- Store refrigerated for up to 5 days. Freeze in ice cubes for up to a month.