This is a 5-Minute Healthy Vegan Pesto! Use it with pasta, salads, over pizza, over garlic bread, roasted veggies, sandwiches, lasagna, wraps! Anything you like. A nut-free option is available for this recipe. Vegan and gluten-free soy-free recipe.
When there is an abundance of fresh herbs, don’t let them sit and spoil. Make a flavorful and easy pesto and use or freeze! A good pesto adds refreshing flavor to a simple pasta meal. It can be used in other ways too. Add to roasted veggie sandwiches, Grilled cheese sandwiches, pasta salad, grilled flatbreads/pizza, serve with lasagna soup, and what not!
This easy pesto has just a few ingredients, fresh herbs, some nuts and seeds, flavors from salt, garlic lemon, and cheesy flavor from nutritional yeast(which can easily be omitted). Just process in a food processor and done!
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS VEGAN PESTO:
- Basil and greens like spinach, parsley or cilantro make up the herb base
- I like to use a combination of sunflower seeds and nuts in the pesto for texture and flavor. Use pine nuts, pecans, walnuts, cashews, or almonds.
- To make this pesto nut-free, simply use a combination of 2 or more of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and hemp seeds
- Garlic, salt, and zest of a lemon add amazing flavors.
- a bit of extra virgin olive oil rounds it up.
- Some water is added for consistency instead of adding more oil and obviously making it slightly healthier!The method is simple – simply blend all the ingredients together – and you are done! Easy Peasy!
Extra Information For This Recipe:
How long does vegan pesto last in the fridge? You can keep the pesto for 5 days in the fridge.
Can I make it Nut-free? Yes, use a combination of 2 or more of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and hemp seeds
Can I make the Pesto Oil-free? Yes, just add more water to replace the oil.
What other herbs can be used to make the pesto? Any tender flavorful herbs and greens and combination of herbs can be used such as parsley, cilantro, mint, arugula, baby kale, spinach, chard, etc.
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Let’s make some Healthy Pesto!
Do let me know how you found this 5-Minute Healthy Vegan Pesto if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
5-Minute Healthy Vegan PestoEasy and Delicious Vegan Pesto. Use with pasta, salads, over pizza, over garlic bread, roasted veggies, sandwiches, lasagna, wraps! Nut-free option. Vegan gluten-free soy-free Recipe.
- 1/2 cup 12 g packed fresh basil
- 1.5 cups 45 g spinach or baby kale, or loosely packed parsley, cilantro or more basil
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp pine nuts or pecans or use almonds cashews, walnuts, (hemp seeds or more sunflower seeds for nut-free)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- zest of half a lemon or use lemon juice to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ( or simply ignore the oil for oil-free option
- black pepper red pepper flakes or other flavor addition
- 3 tbsp water
- Add all ingredients in a blender/food processor and process.
- Add more water if needed to make a homogeneous mixture.
- Taste and adjust flavor. Add more oil to preference, adjust salt, add more nutritional yeast for cheesier. Use with pasta, salads, over pizza, over garlic bread, in sandwiches with roasted veggies and other applications.
- Store refrigerated for up to 5 days. Freeze in ice cubes for up to a month.
NotesNut-free: Use a combination of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and hemp seeds instead of the nuts.