This 5-Minute Incredibly Creamy Avocado Hummus is a tasty twist on the classic hummus recipe. Perfectly summery. Perfect for parties, picnics, lunch boxes, or snacks. Easy and quick recipe!
Don’t like avocados… that mushy taste? but want to add them to your diet? This hummus recipe is for you! You won’t taste the avocado, but all the creaminess! The avocado definitely adds a ton of extra creaminess, good fat and so much more! No wonder why it’s considered a superfood.
3 Reasons Why You Will Love This Superfood Hummus:
- Easy recipe – The Food-processor does all the work for you – all you need to do is just add all your ingredients there.
- Quick preparation – Hummus only takes minutes to make if you are using ready-cooked chickpeas!
- Nutritious – all the ingredients in this avocado hummus are healthy, fiber, and protein-rich. It’s also high in vitamins, minerals, and a touch of healthy fats there. And last but not least – IT’S FREAKING DELICIOUS!
Tips For Making This Superfood Hummus:
- This is a basic recipe and all the ingredients can be easily adjusted to your taste. Add more avocado, less chickpeas, sub the cumin, increase the amount of salt/lemon juice, …. Just try, give it a taste, and experiment until you are happy with its taste.
- I used Homemade Tahini to make this avocado hummus but you can use shop-bought tahini!
- I like using ready-cooked chickpeas to make this dip. However, you can use the dried ones and cook them yourself.
Do let me know how you found this 5-Minute Incredibly Creamy Avocado Hummus if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
5-Minute Incredibly Creamy Avocado Hummus
- 1 meduim avocado
- 1 cup/200g Cooked Chickpeas drained or 15oz can drained
- 1 tbsp of water/aquafaba from the canned chickpeas to help blend
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- ½ Lemon juice only
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp of paprika or cayenne for a kick
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Add all ingredients in a blender/food processor and blitz for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth. If it's too thick, add the water to slightly thin it.
- Serve as a dip or spread.
- Optional: top with sesame seeds, crushed nuts, sumac.