This 5-Minute Oil-Free Creamy Pea Hummus is a tasty twist on the classic hummus recipe. Perfect for parties, picnics, lunch boxes, or snacks. Easy and quick recipe!
Right, you probably know by now, that I am addicted to hummus… I just love love, love hummus. So, of course, I am going to try every twist and way of making hummus. Sweet potato hummus, Raw Carrot Hummus, Lentil Hummus, and a couple hundred more haha.
I mean, what’s not to like about hummus?! It’s healthy, creamy, versatile, easy to make, can be used for pretty much anything…need a snack? -> hummus! Need a party food idea -> Hummus! Need an appetizer -> Hummus! Need a picnic food -> Hummus! And etc, etc ,etc.
3 reasons why you will love this pea hummus:
- Easy recipe – The Food-processor does all the work for you.
- Quick preparation – Hummus only takes minutes to make if you are using ready-cooked chickpeas!
- Nutritious – all the ingredients in this pea hummus are healthy, fiber, and protein-rich. It’s also high in vitamins, minerals, and a touch of healthy fats there. And least but not last – IT’S FREAKING DELICIOUS!
Tips for making this superfood hummus:
- This is a basic recipe and all the ingredients can be easily adjusted to your taste. Add more peas, fewer chickpeas, omit cumin, increase the amount of salt/lemon juice, …. Just try, give it a taste, and experiment until you are happy with its taste.
- I used Homemade Tahini to make this pea hummus but you can use shop-bought tahini!
- I like using ready-cooked chickpeas to make this dip. However, you can use the dried ones and cook them yourself.
If you love garlic, try adding one clove to the processorDo let me know how you found this 5-Minute Oil-Free Creamy Pea Hummus if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
5-Minute Oil-Free Creamy Pea Hummus
- 1 cup/150g of Frozen Peas
- 1 cup/200g Cooked Chickpeas drained (or 15oz can drained)
- ¼ cup/60ml of Water/or aquafaba from the canned chickpea
- A pinch of Salt
- Ground Cumin a generous pinch
- ½ Lemon juice only
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- Add all ingredients in a blender/food processor and blitz for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth.
- Serve as a dip or spread.
- Optional: top with sesame seeds, chia seeds, sumac, fresh peas.