This 5-Minute 5-Minute Sweetcorn Hummus is a tasty twist on the classic hummus recipe. Perfect for parties, picnics, lunch boxes, or snacks. Easy and quick recipe!
Why this hummus is so flippin’ healthy:
- Chickpeas are protein-rich and a great source of fiber.
- Free from gluten, grains, dairy, nuts, and sugar.
- This recipe is great for supporting healthy blood sugar levels, healthy cholesterol levels, and helping to keep you fuller for longer.
- A well-balanced snack that is rich in protein,slow-release smart carbohydrates, and healthy fats.
- The tahini adds a great source of calcium, magnesium, and vitamin E.
I mean, what’s not to like about hummus?! It’s healthy, creamy, versatile, easy to make, can be used for pretty much anything…need a snack? -> hummus! Need a party food idea -> Hummus! Need an appetizer -> Hummus! Need a picnic food -> Hummus! And etc, etc ,etc.
3 Reasons Why You Will Love This Sweetcorn Hummus:
- Easy recipe – The Food-processor does all the work for you.
- Quick preparation – Hummus only takes minutes to make if you are using ready-cooked chickpeas!
- Nutritious – all the ingredients in this sweetcorn hummus are healthy, fiber, and protein-rich. It’s also high in vitamins, minerals, and a touch of healthy fats there. And last but not least – IT’S FREAKING DELICIOUS!
Tips For Making This Superfood Hummus:
- This is a basic recipe and all the ingredients can be easily adjusted to your taste. Add more sweetcorn, fewer chickpeas, omit cumin, increase the amount of salt/lemon juice, …. Just try, give it a taste, and experiment until you are happy with its taste.
- I used Homemade Tahini to make this pea hummus but you can use shop-bought tahini!
- I like using ready-cooked chickpeas to make this dip. However, you can use the dried ones and cook them yourself.
- If you love garlic, try adding one clove to the processor!Do let me know how you found this 5-Minute Sweetcorn Hummus if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
5-Minute Sweetcorn HummusThis 5-Minute Oil-Free Sweetcorn Hummus is a tasty twist on the classic hummus recipe. Perfect for parties, picnics, lunch boxes, or snacks. Easy and quick recipe!
- 1 cup/150g of Frozen sweetcorn/canned sweetcorn
- 1 cup/200g Cooked Chickpeas drained or 15oz can drained
- 1 tbsp of water if needed
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp of cumin
- ½ Lemon juice only
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- Add all ingredients in a blender/food processor (except the water) and blitz for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth. If it's too thick, add the water to slightly thin it.
- Serve as a dip or spread.
- Optional: top with sesame seeds, chia seeds, sumac, sweetcorn.
Notes1. This recipe can be easily adjusted to your liking. 2. It can also be doubled. 3. This hummus can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
NutritionCalories: 126kcalTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!