This 6-Ingredient Healthier Vegan Peanut-Butter Mousse is light, airy, and creamy. This fluffy dairy-free dessert literally melts in your mouth. It’s easy to make with only 6 simple ingredients and tastes heavenly!
I got to admit – I am addicted to peanut butter! No joke, I literally sit down on the sofa with a little spoon and a jar of peanut butter, instead of the classical tub of ice cream! I love it that much!
I literally put peanut butter in everything, I have a lot of Indian curry recipes in my blog, where I use peanut butter. It’s really versatile, and it currently belongs in a lot more dishes than just on toast.
Now, this recipe requires aquafaba!
WHAT IS AQUAFABA?
To put it simply, it’s the liquid of a can of chickpeas, also known as chickpea brine. It can be used instead of egg whites and is great for vegan baking! I even used it in this Vegan Matcha Dalgona!
Open a can of chickpeas, drain the liquid to a large mixing bowl and save the chickpeas for a savory meal, for example, this Easy Vegan Nutritious Chickpea Soup.
For Healthy Dessert Recipes:
1. Gluten-Free Vegan Coffee Crumble Bars
2. 3-Ingredient Healthy Vegan Protein Chocolate Mousse
Right! if you are not grossed enough by the aquafaba, shall we give this mousse a go? 😀
Do let me know how you found this 6-Ingredient Healthier Vegan Peanut-Butter Mousse though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
6 oz (170 g) silken tofu firm, drained
1 small banana (*see notes)
1/2 cup (120 g) creamy peanut butter (*see notes)
3 tbsp (60 g) maple syrup (*see notes)
1/3 to 1/2 cup (100 ml) aquafaba from one 15 oz can of chickpeas
1 tsp lemon juice or lime juice
1. Add silken tofu, banana, peanut butter, and maple syrup to a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth and creamy. Put the container into the refrigerator.
2. To whip up the aquafaba, simply drain the chickpea water into a large and clean mixing bowl (see step-by-step photos in the blog post above). You will need 1/3 to 1/2 cup (100 ml) of chickpea water. Don’t use more and discard the rest or freeze it for later use.
3. Whip up the aquafaba with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer. Add the lemon juice (or lime juice) after about 8 minutes and whip until you have stiff peaks. It takes about 10 minutes in total. If you can invert the mixing bowl, you can stop mixing. If not, keep going for a few more minutes.
4. Gently fold the aquafaba into the peanut butter mixture by using a spatula.
Then spoon the mousse into 2 large or 4 small clean jars and put them into the refrigerator to set, preferably overnight.
5. You can also freeze the mousse for about one hour! Decorate with dairy-free chocolate/ or banana and enjoy cooled! Check the recipe notes below for substitutes.
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023