Here are 6 Ways To Kick-Start Your Healthy Weight-Loss Plan!
It’s important that we start on the right track and with the right mindset once we decide to lose weight. Following these tips will kick-start your weight-loss.
The most important step when it comes to losing weight succesfully and long-term is a change of your lifestyle! Meaning, eating healthier. Eating healthier is the key to not only losing weight, but keeping it off for good!
At the end of the day, it all comes down to how much you eat, so obviously watching your portions is the main bit, but these tips below will contribute and help you in the process.
You’ll find lots more tips and information in our lose weight section.
Now let’s have a look at a couple of ways to kick start your weight-loss:
- Reduce the amount of unhealthy trans fats, or saturated fats you consume! And replace them with healthy fats, such as Avocados, Olive Oil and Nuts.
Also, don’t be scared of Fats when you want to lose weight, they are not bad for you! it’s all to do with how many calories you consume during the day that will decide whether you will lose weight or not.
Read our article if you want to find out more —>Fat And Carbohydrates Are Good For Losing Weight
- Eat wholegrain foods, basically swap the simple carbs, for whole-grains, such as wholemeal bread, brown rice, and pasta. They’re digested more slowly than the white varieties, so it will help you feel full for longer.
- Don’t skip breakfast. A healthy breakfast will give you the energy you need to start the day, and there’s some evidence that people who eat breakfast regularly are less likely to be overweight.
It’s mostly to do with the fact that, you don’t end up starving your body. You might not feel hungry in the morning, but your body needs some food and energy after the night fast.
You will end up eating way too much if you skip breakfast because your body will be dying for some energy.
You can read more about why it’s important to eat breakfast in our article – Why It’s Important To Eat Breakfast
- Aim to eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables a day. Snacking on fresh fruit between meals is an easy way of getting your 5-a-day! Fruit and vegetables fill you up for fewer calories, so you will end up being in a calorie deficiency, which means – you will lose weight.
5. If you feel like a snack, try having a drink first, such as a glass of water or a cup of tea. Often we think we’re hungry when really we’re thirsty. Also, drinking water before a meal will help you eat less because you will fill your stomach before your meal. Staying hydrated is important when it comes to weight-loss. Just make sure you drink a couple of cups of water during the day!
6. Swap drinks high in calories for lower calorie alternatives – that means drinks that are lower in fat, sugars, and alcohol. Swap a sugary fizzy drink for sparkling water with a slice of lemon. Don’t forget that alcohol is high in calories, so cutting down on alcohol can help you control your weight.
The Bottom Line:
So these are the 6 Ways To Kick-Start Your Healthy Weight-Loss Plan! These tips will help your process, but as I mentioned earlier, it all comes down to how much you eat, so try cutting down the portions size and just be mindful and disciplined. It’s the key to losing weight!