This Best Ever Vegan Tofu Scramble is high in protein and super eggy vegan scramble! This hearty and satisfying vegan breakfast is super close to scrambled eggs in taste without actually being scrambled eggs, which is super cool! Perfect for vegans who miss eggs and those who just want a hearty healthy breakfast.
I try to restrain myself from using words like ‘Best-Ever’ but I just had to point it out this time, because this tofu scramble is the BEST! You will know once you try it 😉
I have already made a tofu scramble for the blog, but I wanted to make one that was really really the most like an egg scramble that I could make it.
And this is it!
It’s high in protein and packed with nutrition, and will power you up for the day! If you’ve been missing the taste of eggs from your vegan diet, give this a try, it just might please your palate!
Although, fair warning, it’s delicious and ‘eggy’ but it ain’t eggs, let’s be real, I’m definitely not making any claims like ‘you won’t know the difference’ yes, you’ll know the difference. But you might like this even more!
BLACK SALT AKA KALA NAMAK:
This fancy salt is not actually black in color at all, so don’t be fooled, but what it’s got going for it in abundance is eggy flavor! I’m not even kidding.
In fact, if you just put some on your finger and lick it off you might be a bit horrified because it’s like egg flavor times 100. It’s super strong!
So a little goes a long way. I actually use 1/4 tsp in this recipe and find it’s enough. You might want to add a bit more once you’re used to it – if you like it – but start slow.
The most important thing you should know about this salt is that it’s really important that you add it right at the END of your cooking. Otherwise, if it cooks too much, the salt will lose it’s ‘eggy’ flavor.
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
1. Frying Pan
2. Chopping Board
Do let me know how you found this Best Ever Vegan Tofu Scramble if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Best Ever Vegan Tofu Scramble
- 8 oz 220g Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt Kala Namak*
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/3 cup 80ml Soy Milk ( or any dairy-free milk )
- For Serving: optional
- Black Pepper
- Chopped Chives
- Mash the tofu with a fork but leave some nice big chunks.
- Add the nutritional yeast, turmeric, paprika, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and onion powder to a bowl. Then add the soy milk and whisk it in so you have a nice sauce.
- Add the vegan butter to a frying pan and heat until hot. Add the tofu and fry it until lightly browned, being careful not to break it up too much when moving it around the pan.
- Add the sauce and fold it in. Fry it until you’ve achieved the desired consistency, the tofu will absorb the sauce so you can have it as wet or as dry as you like. Just before the end - add the black salt. In that way, you won’t lose its eggy flavor
- Top with some black pepper and chopped chives.
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023