This Creamy 5-Minute Broad Bean Hummus is a tasty twist on the classic hummus recipe. Perfect for parties, picnics, lunch boxes, or snacks. Easy and quick recipe! A lot of people are intolerant to chickpeas, but that doesn’t mean, that they have to miss out on hummus!
This broad bean hummus is for you!
You probably know by now, that I am addicted to hummus… I just love love, love hummus. So, of course, I am going to try every twist and way of making hummus. Sweet potato hummus, Raw Carrot Hummus, Lentil Hummus, and a couple hundred more haha.
I mean, what’s not to like about hummus?! It’s healthy, creamy, versatile, easy to make, can be used for pretty much anything…need a snack? -> hummus! Need a party food idea -> Hummus! Need an appetizer -> Hummus! Need a picnic food -> Hummus! And etc, etc, etc…
Tips For Making This Superfood Hummus:
- This is a basic recipe and all the ingredients can be easily adjusted to your taste. Add more broad beans, omit cumin, increase the amount of salt/lemon juice, …. Just try, give it a taste, and experiment until you are happy with its taste.
- I used Homemade Tahini to make this broad bean hummus but you can use shop-bought tahini!
- If you love garlic, try adding one clove more to the processor.Do let me know how you found this Creamy 5-Minute Broad Bean Hummus if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Creamy 5-Minute Broad Bean HummusThis Creamy 5-Minute Broad Bean Hummus is a tasty twist on the classic hummus recipe. Perfect for parties, picnics, lunch boxes, or snacks.
- 1 1/2 cups/300g Cooked broad beans or 15oz can drained.
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- ½ Lemon juice only
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp of paprika or cayenne for a kick
- 1 clove of garlic
- Add all ingredients in a blender/food processor and blitz for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth.
- Serve as a dip or spread.
- Optional: top with sesame seeds, chia seeds, sumac, whole broad beans.
- This recipe can be easily adjusted to your liking.
NutritionCalories: 111kcalTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!