This Creamy 5-Minute Spiced Kidney Bean Hummus is a tasty twist on the classic hummus recipe. Perfect for parties, picnics, lunch boxes, or snacks. Easy and quick recipe! A lot of people are intolerant to chickpeas, but that doesn’t mean, that they have to miss out on hummus!
So, this Kidney Bean hummus recipe is for you!
What’s amazing about this recipe, is that it’s ready in 5 minutes, and also it’s really CREAMY!
You know the chili bean thing your granny used to make? yeah, well I have tried to do the same flavor here…but in hummus!
This hummus has got a spicy kick, got smokiness from the paprika, got garlic….I mean, just perfect!
Tips For Making This Super-Yummy Hummus:
- This is a basic recipe and all the ingredients can be easily adjusted to your taste. Add more kidney beans, omit cumin, increase the amount of salt/lemon juice, …. Just try, give it a taste, and experiment until you are happy with its taste.
- I used Homemade Tahini to make this kidney bean hummus but you can use shop-bought tahini!
- The Ice-cold water in the recipe helps to bind everything together. But what’s even cooler about it, is that the ice-cold water makes the hummus a lot smoother!
Do let me know how you found this Creamy 5-Minute Spiced Kidney Bean Hummus if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Creamy 5-Minute Spiced Kidney Bean HummusThis Creamy 5-Minute Spiced Kidney Bean Hummus is a tasty twist on the classic hummus recipe. Its perfect for people who have chickpea intolerence.
- 1 1/2 cups/300g Cooked kidney beans or 15oz can drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- ½ Lemon juice only
- 1-2 tbsp ice cold water helps it to combine and it makes it smoother!
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 pinches chili flakes to finish ( decorate )
- Add all ingredients in a blender/food processor and blitz for 2-3 minutes until completely smooth.
- This recipe can be easily adjusted to your liking.
NutritionServing: 50gFiber: 2.1gCalories: 111kcalFat: 3.2gProtein: 5.5gCarbohydrates: 16gTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!