These Creamy Crispy Stuffed Vegan Baked Mushrooms are delicious and easy to make. They are ideal as a side dish, or as a main meal, garnished with a salad, beans, and peas. They can be enjoyed either hot or cold.
Now, I personally used our own recipe of Vegan Cream Cheese, as its a hundred times healthier than the shop-bought ones, and it will come out a lot cheaper too. It’s really easy to make, as long as you think ahead and soak the cashew nuts in advance for a few hours.
These Baked Mushrooms are delicious, they are creamy in the middle and crispy on the outside. The ultimate healthy comfort food.
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Oil-Free Curried Red Lentil Hummus if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
More Vegan Recipes:
1. Buddha Bowl With Miso Dressing
2. Superfood Buddha Vegetable Bowl
3. Easy Healthy Sweet Potato & Almond Goodness Bowl
Each mushroom serving contains 150 calories
8 large flat mushroom, stalks removed and peeled from the outside
1 teaspoon olive oil
125g cashew cream cheese, or substitute your favorite commercial vegan cream cheese
90g panko bread crumbs
1-2 tablespoons cayenne pepper, hot sauce (optional) I added cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 bunch of finely chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 200c.
2. Brush the mushrooms lightly with olive oil and arrange them on a baking sheet, stem side up. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. While the mushrooms bake, add the cream cheese, panko, hot sauce ( or cayenne ), salt, and chives in a bowl and mix. Stir until everything is well mixed.
4. Remove the mushrooms from the oven, but leave the oven on. If a lot of water has pooled in the stem cavities, use a paper towel to suck it up. Stuff each mushroom generously with the creamy mixture, piling a bit on top.
5. Place the mushrooms back into the oven and bake until the tops are lightly browned about 10 minutes.
Enjoy these Creamy & Crispy Stuffed Vegan Baked Mushrooms hot or cold.
If you plan to use our cashew cream cheese for this recipe, get started early, as the cashews require several hours of soaking. You’ll end up with about a half of a batch leftover. It will keep in the refrigerator for about a week and goes great on bagels, crackers, and in a handful of other recipes in our archives. You can also freeze it in a well-sealed container for long term storage
Please do let us know if you try them, we appreciate every feedback and new ideas 🙂
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023