Creamy Roasted Pepper And Tomato Soup recipe that’s absolutely delicious, comforting, dairy-free, and vegan!
Just what you need on a cold day – a warm creamy roasted red pepper and tomato soup. I served it with a vegan cheese toastie for an ultimate comfort meal.
There is just something really comforting about being wrapped in a blanket, sat on the sofa, and eating a warm bowl of soup. Cold months definitely have their perks. Cold months are all about comfort.
Although tomatoes and peppers scream summer, that doesn’t mean we can’t use them during the cold months as well.
The best bit about this roasted red pepper and tomato soup is when you roast the veggies in the oven. The smell is fantastic. Absolutely fantastic.
Roasted red pepper and tomato soup, has to be one of my favorites soups.
I used homemade vegetable stock for this recipe, but feel free to use shop-bought. I just like to keep things 100% homemade as much as I can.
How To Make Vegan Roasted Red Pepper And Tomato Soup:
You will need:
Soak the cashews in hot water for 25 minutes minimum. The peppers tomatoes and onion are diced then roasted in the oven until caramelized.
The ingredients are added to a blender and blitzed until smooth.
Serve and enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
More Vegan Comfort Food Recipes:
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Creamy Roasted Pepper And Tomato Soup Recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Creamy Roasted Pepper And Tomato Soup
- 2 heaped cups/400g of tomatoes
- 2 large red peppers
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/3 cup/50g of cashew nuts
- 1 1/4 cups/275ml of vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 25 minutes minimum.
- Wash and trim the peppers and tomatoes then dice them. Peel the red onion and dice it.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes and onion to a baking tray. Sprinkle the paprika and salt, and mix.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until they just begin to go black on the edges.
- Strain the cashews from the water.
- Tip the roasted veggies in a blender, together with the cashew nuts and vegetable stock.
- Blend until completely smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Store the cooled leftovers in the fridge and consume within 2 days.