Now, these Easy Crispy Harissa Roasted Potatoes are super easy to make, they are crispy, delicious and do not need a lot of ingredients to make! I like to serve them as a side, but most of the time, I just eat them straight out the pan!
Do you have a go-to side dish? For us, it’s always been potatoes. We love them in just about every form!
Potato wedges, mashed potatoes… you name it. Up until recently, but, but, these crispy potatoes recipes are our new favorite.
The secret to this recipe is dairy-free yogurt and a touch of harissa for a kick! – Yep, what I did is marinate the potatoes for a few hours in the fridge with the harissa and dairy-free yogurt, then baked them to perfection. No deep frying, but just a tiny bit of oil!
I used my homemade harissa, but a shop-bought harissa will work too!
Alright, alright…now…These crispy potatoes are the bOMB! They are so freaking yummy, I even ate the whole batch by myself when I made them…oops!
So, if you end up eating the whole batch too – don’t blame me, I have already warned you…
How do you like to eat your potatoes?
Let me know!!! Perhaps you have also got a little secret recipe to share with me…
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Crispy Harissa Roasted Potatoes if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Crispy Harissa Roasted Potatoes
- 1 lbs/455g baby potatoes/fingerling potatoes/new potatoes partially cooked in boiling water and then set aside to cool. You can cut the potatoes into cubes or half them lengthwise before or after cooking. Just make sure they don’t cook all the way through
- 3/4 cup/184g of Unsweetened plant plain vegan yogurt
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- harissa paste - 2 tablespoons check your harissa paste for heat. If too spicy, use less
- Turmeric - 1/2 Tsp
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- First, place your potatoes in boiling water and cook them for like 3 minutes. Drain them and set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium, toast the coriander and cumin seed for about 2 minutes. Transfer to a spice grinder and pulse until coarse. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the yogurt, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, corn starch, the ground spices, ground turmeric, cayenne (if using), and salt.
- Stir in the harissa paste.
- Add the potatoes to the spiced dairy-free yogurt mix. Gently mix, making sure the potatoes are well-coated in the yogurt.
- Cover the potatoes & refrigerate for 2 hours. The longer they rest in the marinade, the better.
- Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
- Once the potatoes have rested, add them onto a tray lined with parchment paper and drizzle them with the oil and bake them in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- For a skillet option:
- preheat a non- stick skillet (cast iron works best), add oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Place potatoes evenly & let them roast in the skillet until a golden-brown crust forms on the exterior. This takes 25-30 minutes for them to brown on all sides evenly