These Crispy Tofu Quinoa Tacos are easy to make and healthy! No frying just baked to perfection. Topped with shredded cabbage, avocado, and a creamy sauce!
The tofu bites are coated with crispy quinoa that plays the role of the panko breadcrumbs!
The crispy quinoa is incredibly easy to make – so don’t panic; no rocket science is needed here
Here’s the deal, I love Tacos, alright. I went to taco bell last week, but man, it gave me the sh**s afterward! What’s wrong with taco bell’s food?! I still craved tacos, so I made some myself, and guess what, I didn’t have the sh**s later 🙂
If you don’t want to go to the extension of being extra healthy, then feel free to sub the quinoa crumb wit panko breadcrumbs.
But I recommend the quinoa crust on the tofu, it’s sooo yummy!
These tacos are perfect on a Tuesday evening when you fancy a taco night, but want to make it yourself, make it plant-based and healthy!
More Vegan Dinner Recipes:
Anyway! Let’s give these tacos a go! Do let me know how you found these Crispy Tofu Quinoa Tacos and if there is anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/ message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
The recipe makes about 8 tacos
1 block of extra firm tofu
1 teaspoon smoked paprika or chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
3/4 cup/96g chickpea flour or flour of choice
2 cups/490g almond milk or dairy-free milk of choice
1 cup/180g of cooked quinoa ( to make the crispy quinoa ‘panko crumbs’)
1/4 head of cabbage shredded
1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro/coriander optional
8 tortillas, I used my own easy tortillas
Any sauce you have to drizzle on your tacos
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF/200c.
2. First, make the quinoa crispies!
Spread the cooked quinoa onto a lined baking tray with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes, turning them every 10 minutes so as not to burn it, or until golden and crunchy.
Once crispy, allow the quinoa to cool completely.
3. Preheat the oven to 425ºF/220c. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
Cut the tofu into 1″ cubes and season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
4. Arrange the chickpea flour, almond milk and quinoa crispies in a line into three separate bowls. Take 5 – 6 cubes of tofu and toss it in the chickpea flour. Dip one in the almond milk, then gently roll them in the quinoa crispies, pressing down firmly so they stick.
5. Place tofu on a baking sheet and repeat until all tofu has been used. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping every 10 minutes or so to ensure even cooking.
Serve on top 3 – 4 cubes of tofu onto the tortillas and top with some shredded cabbage, avocado and a drizzle of sauce of your choice! Sprinkle with chopped cilantro if desired