These Easy Cheesy Vegan Potato Croquettes are so so yummy! They’re packed full of spices, cheesiness, crispness, and fluffiness all the yummy stuff!
They are also so, so easy to make! It’s an extremely good idea to turn a leftover mash into these yummy beauties!
Literally all you need is:
1. Mash Potato
2. A couple of Spices
3. Vegan Cheese
4. And a few bits to pane the croquettes!
That’s all! Now, I served these cheesy croquettes with some minted coconut yogurt – it just worked so well, it cooled off the heat and the spice a little bit, and it just worked great for me, but please, feel free to dip them in anything you like!
Also, I suggest adding jalapenos chopped in the mashed potatoes, it gives it a kick. A Cuban version has also Picadillo inside the potato ball, it’s very good.
Anyway, do let me know how you found these Easy Cheesy Vegan Potato Croquettes though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Recipe makes about 10 croquettes!
3 cups/533g of potato
80g of vegan cheese, I used violife
A Teaspoon of garlic powder
A teaspoon of smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon of mixed dry herbs, or Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
200g of breadcrumbs
20g of corn starch
200ml of almond milk
Oil for frying
200g of vegan coconut yogurt( or any yogurt of your choice)
1 tablespoon of Chopped fresh mint 1
A teaspoon of lemon juice
Pinch of salt
1. Peel and dice the potatoes and boil them in salted water until soft. Drain the potatoes once cooked and leave them to steam off a bit before mashing them.
2. Once the potatoes have steamed off, add the spiced and cheese, and mash everything together. Leave to cool, then set the pane station with the corn-flour, almond milk, and breadcrumbs.
3. Shape the mash into desired shapes, I just shaped them into round balls. Cover in corn starch, almond milk and then bread crumbs.
4. Fry in oil on medium heat on both sides until golden. Alternatively, preheat oven to 400F/200C, place the croquettes on a parchment-lined baking tray and bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, flipping them half-way-through.