Easy Creamy Butter Bean Hummus. It’s quick and easy to make. It’s vegan and oil-free with just a handful of healthy ingredients. It makes a great snack with some veggies or crackers. Use it as a spread on wraps or sandwiches. You could even use this hummus as a base to make a quick salad dressing. Honestly, what is not to love.
This butter bean hummus recipe is perfect for people who are intolerant or don’t like chickpeas.
Personally, I think butterbeans make the creamiest hummus! So this butter bean hummus is almost always present when in my household when it comes to healthy snacks.
Tips For Making This Hummus:
- This is a basic recipe and all the ingredients can be easily adjusted to your taste. Add more garlic, less salt/more salt, add more/reduce cumin, increase the amount of lemon juice, …. Just try, give it a taste, and experiment until you are happy with its taste.
- I used Homemade Tahini to make this butter bean hummus but you can use shop-bought tahini!
- I like using ready-cooked butter beans out of a can to make this dip. However, you can use the dried ones and cook them yourself
Do let me know how you found this Easy Creamy Butter Bean Hummus if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Creamy Butter Bean Hummus
- 2 cans/tins butter beans 30 oz/800g drained & rinsed
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp of ground coriander or fresh coriander
- 1/2 salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of chili flakes
- 1-2 tbsp water if needed only, to help blending
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Should take about 5-10 minutes. The result should be completely smooth. Depending on your food processor, you may need to blitz for longer! Patience is key for getting the creamiest hummus!
- You may need to add a touch more water to help to blend.