This Easy Creamy Dalgona Matcha Latte is a coffee-free healthier twist on the popular Dalgona coffee craze. This whipped matcha recipe is perfect for non-coffee drinkers!
The dalgona coffee trend blew up a couple of years back now, but dalgona coffee is always a hit in my kitchen.
Because I love matcha, I thought I should try a dalgona with matcha instead of coffee.
Oh my, it worked so well! You have gotta try it.
What is Dalgona Coffee?
Okay, first we gotta talk about dalgona coffee. This is actually something that’s been around for quite a while, but got popular – thanks to TikTok. Dalgona coffee is a coffee drink made of whipped coffee that is poured on top of milk. It’s a popular drink in South Korea.
Dalgona coffee uses equal parts of instant coffee, sugar and boiling water. Usually, it’s 2 tablespoons of each.
More Vegan Drinks Recipes:
1. Pea & Spinach Green Smoothie
2. Overnight Chocolate Oat & Almond Smoothie
3. 2-Ingredients Easy Chia Milk
Do let me know how you found this Easy Creamy Dalgona Matcha Latte though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Liquid from 1 (15oz/400g) can/tin of chickpeas (also known as Aquafaba)
1 tablespoon matcha powder
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tablespoons boiling water
4 cups almond milk or any dairy-free milk you like
1. Add the chickpea liquid into a stand mixer (or bowl). Using the whisk attachment, beat the liquid until it forms stiff peaks. It should take about a minute or two.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the matcha, coconut sugar, vanilla, and boiling water to try and dissolve the sugar crystals as much as possible.
Once dissolved, turn the mixer back on medium speed and slowly pour the matcha-sugar mixture into the bowl. Beat together until everything is combined. It should turn nice and green!
3. Fill your glasses with ice and top each with 1 cup of almond milk/any dairy-free milk you like. Top with the whipped matcha, give it a quick stir, and enjoy!
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023
Fire24 December 2020 at 7h14
When do you add the vanilla? I don’t see it in the recipe.
elena24 December 2020 at 13h24
Thank you for spotting this. The recipe has been updated 🙂