This Easy Creamy Vegan Broccoli Raisin Salad is the most amazing vegan broccoli salad made with a rich and creamy cashew dressing instead of mayo. This salad is a total crowd-pleaser and perfect for parties, or lunch boxes!
I love, love broccoli, and I love creamy dressings on my salads…so how can I make it all healthier? Well, this amazing nut called cashew comes to the rescue!
I love cashews, they are literally my stable in my vegan cooking!
Making This Salad Healthier:
I decided to try my hand at a healthy version of a delicious salad – one that still has the crunchy, sweet vibe, but healthier without the added sugar, dairy, and meat.
My broccoli raisin salad is filling, rich in flavor and sweet, but with much healthier ingredients like raw nuts, seeds, and raisins. I even managed to sneak uber-healthy apple cider vinegar into the dressing!
Another dressing, I used to make this salad was my 2-minute creamy oil-free dressing which is nut-free!
How do you guys like your salads?
I have got a couple of other salad recipes in this blog, but this one must be up there of my favorites!
Shall we make some creamy salad?
Do let me know how you found this Easy Creamy Vegan Broccoli Raisin Salad if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Creamy Vegan Broccoli Raisin Salad
- 6 cups broccoli two small to medium-sized crowns, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 handfuls raw sunflower seeds
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 handfuls of raisins
- CREAMY DRESSING:
- 1 cup/150g raw cashews soaked at least 1- 2 hours
- 1/3 cup/78ml of freshwater
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 shallot chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Soak cashews: place cashews in a bowl, cover with water, and let sit for 1-2 hours or until soft. Drain the cashews.
- Bring a saucepan with water to the boil, then add the broccoli and cook until tender ( don't overcook them, otherwise they will turn mushy!! )
- Make the dressing by combining soaked cashews, freshwater, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, shallot, garlic, salt, and dijon mustard in a high powered blender or processor until completely smooth.
- Top with dressing and combine until all ingredients are covered. Serve immediately or let chill in the fridge a bit before serving.