This Easy Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup is a rich butternut squash soup. This vibrant and colorful soup is wonderfully easy to make and the results are sensational.
Roasted butternut squash soup that is rich, creamy, thick, and ultimately delicious!
There is no rocket science here – roast the squash, prep your soup veggies, blend, and boom. Job done.
This roasted butternut squash soup is filling, but low on calories! I like eating it for my lunch with a few pieces of my
homemade seedy oatmeal bread and it fills me up all the way till the evening!
This soup is just so perfect on a cold day. It’s thick, satisfying and so nutritious and healthy.
Why you will love this butternut soup:
- It’s Rich
- Comfort Food!
Vibrant and colorful! Seriously, what’s not to love about this soup! It makes a wonderful appetizer that’s also filling enough to have as a main! It keeps beautifully in the fridge and can be reheated the next day.
More Soup Recipes:
Anyyywayyy! Do let me know how you found this Easy Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Butternut Squash Medium to Large
- 3 Medium Carrots
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Sprinkle Salt
- Sprinkle Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil For the Soup:
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Paprika
- 1 14 oz/400ml Can Coconut Cream or milk
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 cups/480ml Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Peel and chop the butternut squash and carrots. Place into a bowl with 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt, black pepper, thyme, and basil and toss together until the vegetables are coated in the oil and spices.
- Place onto a parchment-lined baking tray and place into the oven to bake for 35 minutes until vegetables are roasted.
- Heat the other tbsp of olive oil. Place the chopped onion, crushed garlic, cumin, and paprika into a pot on the stove and sauté together until onions are softened.
- Then add in the roasted butternut and carrots and toss together.
- Add coconut cream, soy sauce, and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer to blend the flavors.
- Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender or by transferring to a blender jug to blend it up in stages.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be served hot or cold 🙂
You can easily sub the butternut for pumpkin if you like!