Easy Creamy Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream made with…wait for it…avocados! This vegan ice cream is perfect for those people who don’t like bananas. Many vegan ice creams are done by using bananas or nuts.
This ice cream hasn’t got either of these.
Essentially, the blender (or food processor) does all the work for you. All you need to do is just add your ingredients to it, blend, freeze, and voila.
When summer comes, or just a hot day is around the corner, we all want some ice cream, or something cold.
Nowadays, there are plenty of vegan ice cream alternatives. But man, they are so expensive! Not to mention, not so healthy for you. So, I said to myself, you know what, I am gonna start making my own. The day I started making my own vegan ice cream, I never bought ice cream ever again…well maybe once.
Avocados as we all know, are very creamy, so they make perfect ice cream. I sweetened the ice cream with some quality maple syrup and added some peppermint extract for the mint profile.
Always make sure you let the ice cream soften a little bit when you take it out of the freezer before scooping. This will make it easier to scoop, and you won’t end up eating ice. Furthermore, extremely cold food can make you cough!
More Vegan Ice Cream Recipes:
Do let me know how you found this Easy Creamy Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Creamy Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice-cream
- 1 food processor Or a strong blender
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup/110ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup/85g maple syrup or another liquid sweetener of your choice
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract or 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup/45g of dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a good blender or foodprocessor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour into a freezer-safe container. I used a loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place container in the freezer to set. It should take about 4-5 hours(best overnight). Once frozen, pull ice cream from the freezer, let sit out on the counter for 5-10 minutes to soften. Use an ice cream scoop to serve and enjoy!