This Easy Creamy Vegan Spinach & Mushroom Quiche is so easy to make and packed with delicious flavour. It’s the best thing for a picnic or brunch and you’ll love the combination of spinach and mushrooms!
I know, that a lot of people think it’s super complicated to make a quiche, especially a vegan one. But this recipe will just prove to you how easy it actually is!
This vegan quiche is actually healthier than non-vegan quiches, because non-vegan quiches tend to contain double cream which is loaded with saturated fat and it’s super high on calories, of course.
I used to love quiches, but as you already know, the base is made out of dairy butter, and the filling – with eggs. So definitely not vegan. So, why not make a vegan quiche? I have to say, it really doesn’t matter if it’s vegan or not, it really tastes the same. That’s what I love about veganism, you could pretty much make a vegan version of anything, that tastes just the same.
Do let me know how you found this Easy Creamy Vegan Spinach & Mushroom Quiche if you do try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
More Vegan Recipes:
Easy Creamy Vegan Spinach & Mushroom Quiche
- For the Pie Crust:
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp 145g All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup 55g Coconut Oil (solid)
- 4 Tbsp Ice Water
- For the Filling:
- 14 oz 400g Firm Tofu
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt Kala Namak
- 2 Tbsp Soy Milk
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 2 and 1/2 cups 240g Cremini Mushrooms (Sliced)*
- 3 cups 90g Baby Spinach (Chopped)
- Prepare your pie crust: Add the all-purpose flour, salt, and sugar to a food processor and mix together. Add the coconut oil and process until crumbly. Add the ice water and process into a dough.
- Place the ball of dough onto a flour-dusted surface and roll it out into a giant round that can fit over your 9-inch pie dish.
- Carefully lift it and place it over the pie dish and tuck it in along the sides. Cut off any excess dough hanging over the sides of the dish with scissors.
- Place the pie crust into the fridge while you work on your filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Prepare your filling: Add the tofu, cornstarch, nutritional yeast, turmeric, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black salt (aka kala namak) into your food processor. Process until well mixed. Add the soy milk and process again until it reaches a smooth consistency. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a pot along with the chopped onion and crushed garlic and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté with the onions until the mushrooms are softened.
- Add the chopped baby spinach and sauté until just wilted.
- Now add in your tofu mix from the food processor and fold it in with the mushrooms and spinach.
- Add the filling to your pie crust and smooth it down evenly.
- Place it into the oven and bake uncovered for 40 minutes until firm and golden on top.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Quiche can be served either warm or cold.