Are you a fan of burgers – well these Easy Crispy Tofu Sesame Burgers are going to be your next favorite!
They taste as good as they look. For real!
So, basically, just slice the tofu as thick as you like and get as many tofu burgers as you want/need out of it. How thick your tofu is or how many burgers you make, doesn’t really impact the recipe instructions too much.
In this recipe I am using a naughty vegan mayo to coat the sliced tofu burgers, then I roll them in a mixture of breadcrumbs and sesame seeds! Quick fry, and done!
I used extra firm tofu and did not press it…I will tell you why! Because, the outside is crispy once fried, and the middle slightly soft which for me, creates the perfect bite experience. Not too tough, not too soft. Just perfect.
Of course, if you do prefer a slightly firmer texture, you can press the tofu before cooking.
Here are some more recipes of my selection of Vegan burgers:
Do let me know how you found this Easy Crispy Tofu Sesame Burgers if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Crispy Tofu Sesame Burgers
- 14 oz/280g extra firm tofu drained
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup/50g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp Black Sesame Seeds or white
- 1½ tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp olive oil for shallow frying
- To Serve:
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado skinned and sliced
- 4 burger buns of choice
- 4 tsp Sriracha or other chili sauce
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro/coriander leaves roughly chopped
- Cut the tofu into 4 equal slices and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Mix the mayonnaise with a splash of cold water until smooth. Combine the breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in a shallow bowl and spread the cornflour over a small plate. Dust one of the tofu slices in cornflour, then brush all over with mayonnaise. Turn the tofu in the breadcrumb mix, pressing down gently for an even coating. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining tofu slices.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan. Cook the tofu slices over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side until crisp, golden, and completely warmed through. Set aside on kitchen paper to drain.
- Lightly crush the avocado with a fork, then spoon onto the base of the toasted rolls. Top each with crispy tofu and a drizzle of sriracha, then spoon over the radish salad. Scatter with the cilantro, add the roll lids and serve.
The tofu burgers can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days, and reheated in the oven to crisp them up again.