This Easy Crunchy Thai Vegan Peanut Salad takes about 15 minutes to throw together and tastes fresh, crunchy, nutty and is filling as hell!
I love summer and warm days, because just eating a bowl of flavoursome salad packed with goodness on a hot day is just so satisfying.
This Crunchy Thai Vegan Peanut Salad salad is perfect for meal prep!
When it’s hot outside and you don’t want to eat warm food for lunch at work, or even at home, this salad is the perfect meal prep to get done.
You can easily warm this salad in the microwave, or on the hob, for a less crunchy option, and of course, a nice warmth! But this is a personal preference.
Making The Crunchy Peanut Salad:
You will need the following ingredients:
1. Fresh Veggies
A dressing is made with the peanut butter, spices and other ingredients, then you coat all the crunchy veg with the peanut dressing and chickpeas.
I like to leave the mixed salad with the dressing in the fridge for about an hour before consumption, because this helps the flavours to mingle. But this is optional.
More Vegan Lunch Recipes:
1. Easy Vegan Shopska Salad
2. Creamy Roasted Pepper And Tomato Soup
3. Comforting Vegan Butter Bean Stew
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Crunchy Thai Vegan Peanut Salad Recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
For the salad:
1 red bell pepper,
diced 1 cup/60g/ 1.5oz of shredded carrots
½ small head of red cabbage, chopped (about 4 cups/400g of shredded cabbage)
1 (15 ounces)/ 400g can/tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
½ cup cilantro/coriander, finely chopped
¼ bunch of finely chopped spring onions
1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
For the curry peanut butter dressing:
2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
¼ teaspoon red cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
1 teaspoon of cumin
¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2-3 tablespoons warm water, to thin dressing
Extra cilantro/ coriander
¼ cup roasted cashews
1. In a large bowl, add the sliced red bell pepper, carrot, cabbage, chickpeas, cilantro, green onion, and jalapeño.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients: peanut butter, ginger, garlic, apple cider vinegar, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and turmeric. Mix to combine. Add water to thin if necessary to make dressing like consistency.
3. Pour over salad and mix well to combine. Garnish with roasted cashews and cilantro.
Nutrition per one serving:
Calories: 265kcal Fat: 9.5g Saturated fat: 1.8g Carbohydrates: 37.8g Fiber: 8.3g Sugar: 4.1g Protein: 10.1
- Building Muscle on a Vegan Diet: A Comprehensive Guide to Meal Planning & Macros - 11 April 2023
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023