Easy & Delicious Vegan Cauliflower Cheese Bake to complement your roast dinner, or as a side to any meal!
I am super excited about creating a vegan version of this classic British dish, cauliflower cheese. The best thing is this vegan-friendly twist is packed with tons more nutrients and flavor than its predecessor!
If you want to pack in even more nutrients, try adding peas and sweetcorn along with the kale.
Be careful because not all mustard is vegan. It’s always best to research the brand before buying.
An incredibly cheesy and creamy vegan cauliflower cheese bake, that doesn’t require any ‘fake’ cheeses, only natural creamy cashews!
SHOP FOR EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE:
Don’t have the needed equipment to make this recipe? Don’t worry, I got you covered!
I have linked you below with all the equipment you may need for this recipe, so that will save you the time to look for them!
Do let me know how you found this Easy & Delicious Vegan Cauliflower Cheese Bake if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, If you like all the work I have put in and the content in this blog, then you can go even further in showing me your love and support by subscribing to my Patreon account (https://www.patreon.com/vegevega)
Each of the tiers will give you exclusive benefits ( so you will get a good value for your money )
It’s my passion and it’s my life’s purpose to encourage people to join me in this journey of a kind, healthy, and happy life!
I will appreciate deeply any contribution big or small; it will enable me to grow and develop my site, as well as develop exciting new recipes for you guys!
Easy & Delicious Vegan Cauliflower Cheese Bake
- 1 large cauliflower head cut into florets
- 2 handfuls/100g kale chopped
- 1 cup/150 g cashews
- 1 cup/220 ml plant-based milk
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp English mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
- handful of breadcrumbs
- a handful of chives chopped
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside and leave to soak.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the cauliflower. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the kale to the saucepan and boil for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the cashews and transfer them to a blender along with the milk, nutritional yeast, garlic, paprika, English mustard, and seasoning. Blend the ingredients until smooth.
- Drain the cauliflower and kale, and transfer to an ovenproof dish. Then pour the ‘cheese’ mixture on top and stir until fully combined.
- Top with breadcrumbs and a sprinkling of paprika.
- Place under the grill on high heat for a few minutes or until golden brown.
- To serve, sprinkle with chives.