This Easy Fluffy Vegan Pumpkin Cake With Maple Icing is an absolute BOMB! It’s the best vegan cake I have ever baked ( big statement I know….but once you try it you will know…) so I am really happy to share this recipe with you guys because I honestly LOVE it!
Nothing beats a good vegan cake with an epic frosting.
The Story Behind The Making Of This Easy Fluffy Vegan Pumpkin Cake:
So, my colleague chef at work (Philip) decided to make a vegan cake. He baked the sponges, made the icing, and started to ice the sponges. Only to find out, that his icing was too wet, so he decided to make it stiffer by adding more icing sugar. The problem was, that it became too dry to ice the sponges.
So all these constant attempts at icing the cake ended up upsetting the sponges so the sponges got broken up.
It was a very sad-looking cake, I have to admit. We laughed at Phil a lot, but when he cut it eventually and we tasted it – my word, it was DIVINE!
So, I immediately asked him for the recipe and did the cake at home. And now I am sharing it with you guys!
Personally, this is the best vegan cake I have made so far. I will tell you why:
1. It’s moist
2. It’s Fluffy
3. It’s super tasty
4. It’s super easy to make!
If you have some leftover pumpkin puree or got a pumpkin to use up, just roast the pumpkin in the oven or steam it/boil it, then blend it to make a puree! Then just throw up some cupboard ingredients, and you get yourself the perfect pumpkin cake!
I hope you guys enjoy it!
Anyway! Do let me know how you found this Easy Fluffy Vegan Pumpkin Cake With Maple Icing recipe if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Fluffy Vegan Pumpkin Cake With Maple Icing
- Wet Ingredients:
- 140 ml /1/2 cup + 3 tbsp of dairy-free milk
- 120 ml /1/2 cup of coconut oil or avocado oil
- 300 g /1½ cups of light brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 300 g /1 cup + 3 tbsp of pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Dry Ingredients:
- 365 g /2 7/8 cups of plain flour all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of mixed spices = 1 tsp of cinnamon + 1/2 tsp of dried ginger + 1/3 tsp of nutmeg
- MAPLE ICING:
- 200 g /7/8 cup of vegan butter
- 400 g /3 1/2 cups of icing sugar powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375F/180C.
- Line 2 (8"inch) cake pans with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together under the sponge section of the ingredient list.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix well to combine.
- Pour the batter onto the prepared cake pans and bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out dry once inserted.
- Meanwhile, make the icing:
- Mix all the ingredients under the icing section of the ingredient list until smooth.
- Once the sponges are baked, leave them to cool for 15 minutes, then wrap the sponges in cling film ( this step is quite important, as it makes the sponges extra moist and fluffy )
- Once the sponges are cooled, ice sponges by sandwiching them between icing. You can ice the outside too if you like.
The cake will keep well at room temp for up to 5 days.
- Vegan Keto Sushi Roll - 25 February 2023
- Vegan Mushroom Tomato Pasta [One Pot] - 18 February 2023
- Here’s How Vegans Get Calcium [11 Ways] - 14 February 2023