This Easy Fresh Black Bean Salad With Chimichurri can be made in minutes, it’s filling, healthy, and so fresh and summery!
The best thing about this salad is that it’s super versatile….you can stuff the salad inside wraps, sandwiches, tacos….you name it!
The salad is WFPB ( if using the oil-free version of this recipe ), gluten-free and super cheap and easy to make.
I love black beans, not sure if you ever came across black beans before, but these little beans are probably the healthiest bean you can eat. They have a lot more fiber compared to other bean varieties.
I particularly like the black bean sweet potato combo, believe me, it’s worth trying it!
I cam across chimichurri sauce while ordering burgers back in the day. I thought it was great, so I randomly thought it would be cool if I used chimichurri on my salad as a dressing.
P.S….did I also mention that this salad is gluten-free too? yep, it is!
What’s your favourite salad this summer?
I am curious! As I am a lover of salads, especially in the summer! Do let me know in the comments below, and I might steal some of your ideas…. 😀
Here are some of my favorite salads:
Do let me know how you found this Easy Fresh Black Bean Salad With Chimichurri if you try it though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Easy Fresh Black Bean Salad With Chimichurri
- 15 oz can Black beans drained or 1.5 cups cooked
- 1/2 cup/72.5 g corn fresh or frozen
- 1 to 2 cup/133 g cubed sweet potato boiled or baked
- 1 medium-sized onion - chopped
- 1/4 bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp if cumin
- salt to taste
- a generous dash of black pepper
- one bunch of fresh parsley
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro diced
- 6 to 8 cloves of garlic depending on how garlicky you like your food 😀
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or water for oil-free version
- juice of 2 limes or lemons plus zest
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp of maple syrup the maple syrup is there to break through the acidity of the lemon
- Chop the veggies and add to a large bowl with the black beans.
- Cook the cubed Sweet Potato: Bring to a boil in a medium saucepan then keep boiling for 5 minutes. Drain, cool for 2 minutes and use. Alternatively, toss with a tsp of oil and a pinch of salt. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender to preference (time will depend on the size of the potato cubes). Cool for 5 mins and add to the bowl with the beans.
- Add salt, cumin (1/2 tsp or more), and black pepper, and corn to the black bean bowl and toss well.
- Make the Chimichurri sauce: Blend the ingredients under the sauce in a small blender with a few tbsp of water until smooth and creamy. Add 1-2 tbsp water, to begin with and add more if needed. Taste and adjust salt, tang(lime).
- Add some of the chimichurri sauce to the large bowl. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust, salt, flavor, and sauce. Once dressed to preference, serve as is or with warmed tortillas to make tacos or wraps.
And the dressed salad itself will also last for about 4 days in the fridge.