This Easy Gluten-Free Healthy Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread is made from quinoa and sweetened just with banana. Naturally gluten-free, vegan and It’s oil-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free.
The recipe is made in a blender, so really, the blender does all the work for you.
Fiver years ago, if you told me that I would use quinoa in my banana bread, I would say you are crazy.
As I cook more and more, and create different recipes, I found that, just because some ingredients are traditionally known to be used only in savoury dishes, doesn’t mean you can’t use them in sweet dishes. You have just got to be a bit creative.
Making Quinoa Vegan Banana Bread:
As I said above, the blender does all the work for you. Then you simply pour the batter onto a bread loaf pan and bake!
It’s best to soak your quinoa overnight, but a 15 min soak is still fine if that’s all you’ve got the time for. This helps to make the seed more digestible and able to cook in the oven.
Do let me know how you found these Incredible Easy Gluten-Free Healthy Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
How To Make Easy Gluten-Free Healthy Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread:
Cuts into 6 large bars or 10 small ones
PREP TIME 20 minutes COOK TIME 1 hour TOTAL TIME 1 hour 20 minutes
2 large Bananas (about 350g)
1 cup / 180g Quinoa, soaked in water for a few hours at least
½ cup / 75g Raisins
½ cup / 50g Cocoa/Cacao powder
3 tablespoons of Chia seeds, soaked in 9 tablespoons of water
½ cup / 50g Desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon of Vanilla
pinch of Salt
2 medium-sized Bananas
2 tablespoons of Cocoa/Cacao powder
Two tablespoons of nuts or seeds like Hazelnuts/ Walnuts or Coconut
1. Soak the quinoa for an hour or at least 10 mins, then drain and rinse. Soak the chia seeds in the 9 tablespoons of water too separately in a bowl for 5 minutes.
2. Add everything for the banana bread into a blender then add the chia last. Blend smooth all the ingredient for the banana bread and pour into a greaseproof paper-lined tin.
3. Bake for an hour at 190C / 375F until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. Leave to cool and firm while you make the icing. It will firm up as it cools.
For the chocolate icing:
1. Mash two bananas with 2 tbsp of cacao powder as smooth as possible, beating out as many banana lumps as possible.
2. Spread the icing on the cooled quinoa banana bread and top with chopped nuts or seed.
Enjoy this Easy Gluten-Free Healthy Vegan Chocolate Banana Bread within 3 days and keep in the fridge.
NOTES: Equipment: Blender, Oven, 8″ Baking dish and Greaseproof paper