Satisfy your sweet-tooth with Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Almond Jam Cookies that are perfect with a cup of tea or a coffee. The best part? These cookies taste profile changes drastically based on the type of jam used – so go wild!
These cookies are crumbly, sweet, and so satisfying. Simply melt in the mouth. They are definitely not the healthiest, but a better and a slightly healthier alternative to the shop-bought ones. So, the heck of the diet!
Simple and fun little cookies that are ideal to make with kids. Why not try these out over this lockdown.
These cookies remind me a lot of shortbread, so if you are missing shortbread as vegan, you will love these.
Shortbread cookies are a classic Scottish dessert. (Any Scottish readers out there?)
Typical shortbread cookies are made up of one part sugar, two parts butter, and three parts flour. Some recipes have eggs, some don’t. Some recipes have chemical leavening agents, some don’t.
I have step-by-step photos for you today. Visual guides are always helpful when I’m making something new, so hopefully, you won’t mind all the photos in this post.
Shape the cookie dough into balls. Mine were about 1 Tablespoon of dough per ball. Make sure they’re nice and smooth. Then, make an indentation with your thumb or the back of the spoon into each ball.
Fill with 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry jam. You can certainly use any flavor jam you like best! Strawberry, blueberry, mixed berry, apricot, peach, boysenberry. Whatever you like best. Raspberry is my favorite and pairs beautifully with the almond/vanilla flavored dough.
Bake the shortbread thumbprint cookies for 14-15 minutes, or until very lightly browned on the edges. The cookies will puff up and spread slightly. Do not overbake these! In fact, I only baked mine for 13-14 minutes. I prefer them a little soft.
More Vegan Cookie Recipes:
Do let me know how you found these Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Almond Jam Cookies if you do try them though! And if there was anything you tried or something that worked better…Do drop me a comment below, or you can find me/message me directly on Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, or Facebook! I love seeing what my lovely readers think of my recipes!
Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my very first E-Book, it’s a 70-page book, full of beautiful, easy, and delicious vegan recipes! Click HERE to find out more!
Easy Gluten-Free Vegan Almond Jam Cookies
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups 192g almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup 125 ml jam
- Any jam will do but I recommend strawberry, raspberry, or apricot
- Cooking spray - OR - parchment paper
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 55g cup vegan butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar/coconut sugar optional for more sweetness
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- In one bowl, add 2 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tsp of maple syrup 2 tbsp vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup (55g) butter (OR - 1/4 cup (62.5ml) avocado oil)
- Mix all the ingredients together with a whisk/ handheld mixer
- In a separate bowl, add 2 cups (192g) almond flour, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1 tsp salt
- Mix all the ingredients together with a spatula
- While stirring, gradually pour small sections of the almond flour mixture into the wet mixture until everything is well combined
- Line a baking pan with either parchment paper - OR - cooking. spray
- Place dollar-sized balls of dough on the pan
- Press a teaspoon into the middle of the cookie and make an indent
- Add a 1/2 tsp of jam (or 1 tsp… I ain’t judging) into the indent
- Bake the biscuits in the oven at 350°F (180°C) for 12-15 minutes
- They will be golden brown and flattened when finished
- Allow the biscuits to cool for a minimum of 15 minutes